The Student Room Group

Do I have a weird attachment?

Whenever I get close to anyone I basically bully them, idk why. My parents have the same relationship/ dynamic- my dad isn’t nice to my mum which I really hate. But I’ve realised I’m the same without trying/ noticing before. I have slight anger issues- I say things that come across as though I’m putting them down/ they feel embarrassed by what I say…what is wrong with me? Do I have weird attachment styles?

I tend to push people away because I don’t like getting too involved/ attached, then they move on and I weirdly still like them but I was mean so idk I do that.
I used to do this quite a bit too. It took me a while to adjust my humour from "bullying" to friendliness. Before you say or do anything, try to think about how this could be perceived by both your friend and people who don't know you who are overhearing your conversation. It is important to have a pleasant relationship with a bit of joking around, and not constant unkindness. Try to stop yourself from saying these unkind things, despite how impulsive your thoughts may seem.

Hope this helps,

- Taylor :ymca:
Reply 2
It's a normal thing, just try not to go too far with it. If you think you might not be able to stop yourself, you may want to ask your friend to tell you when they think you've gone too far.
Reply 3
Original post by taylor2317
I used to do this quite a bit too. It took me a while to adjust my humour from "bullying" to friendliness. Before you say or do anything, try to think about how this could be perceived by both your friend and people who don't know you who are overhearing your conversation. It is important to have a pleasant relationship with a bit of joking around, and not constant unkindness. Try to stop yourself from saying these unkind things, despite how impulsive your thoughts may seem.

Hope this helps,

- Taylor :ymca:

Thank you I will definitely give that a go! :smile:
WOW you just described me in a nutshell
Reply 5
Original post by harlz_chalamet
WOW you just described me in a nutshell

Ah well that makes me feel like I’m not the only one then!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending