The Student Room Group

Higher Resources

Scroll to see replies

On the HSN notes, why aren't there any PPAs on unit 1?

And is there 9 in total?
Reply 41
NathanM
Some revision sites:

Geography

Scalloway.org.uk ...a site mainly aimed at Standard Grade, but is useful for some topics at Higher, particularly Lithosphere (glaciation)

Woop Wooop!!! That website was made by my old geography teacher when i was in s1/2 never took geog any further yeha but Mr Mcneil made it for his SG pupils and Scalloway Junior High school in shetland!! :smile: Danny BOY!!

Does anybody know any good websites for Higher french. I've tried kingnussie but i need help with directed writing and other bits
Reply 42
NathanM
Some revision sites:
Geography
Scalloway.org.uk ...a site mainly aimed at Standard Grade, but is useful for some topics at Higher, particularly Lithosphere (glaciation)

Woop Wooop!!! That website was made by my old geography teacher when i was in s1/2 never took geog any further... but Mr Mcneil made it for his SG pupils and Scalloway Junior High school in shetland!! :smile: Legend....Danny BOY!!

Does anybody know any good websites for Higher french.??I've tried kingnussie but i need help with directed writing and other bits??!?
Reply 45
Does anyone know of any good Higher MER (managing environmental resources) books or websites for notes because I'm doing it out of column so I'm trying to teach myself the course and the class teacher told me that there wasnt any textbooks and that she was just going to teach the class from her own knowledge so now I'm starting to panick that all I have is a jotter and a book of past papers? :s-smilie:
Reply 46
hedge93
Does anyone know of any good Higher MER (managing environmental resources) books or websites for notes because I'm doing it out of column so I'm trying to teach myself the course and the class teacher told me that there wasnt any textbooks and that she was just going to teach the class from her own knowledge so now I'm starting to panick that all I have is a jotter and a book of past papers? :s-smilie:

http://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/MER_Higher_5th_edition.pdf

Those are the arrangement documents. You can use those to make up notes and learn stuff that's in the learning outcomes.
Does anyone have any past papers for the following subjects: Advanced higher Biology, Advanced higher Chemistry, Advanced higher Applied Maths with statistics in electronic format, or otherwise? I've already looked at the sqa, and it only displays the most recent years. Please be a good human being and help me out. :cry2:
Edit: actually, i'm pretty much fine now except for advanced higher applied maths......got the rest off my older sister's friends so i have the netire collection, 2002-2010 when the newer one comes out
I'm hoping to become a maths teacher in Scotland and I was hoping that someone could post the papers, with answers, I am missing.

Here they are:
Standard Grade: Anything Pre-1991
Higher: 2005
1888 paper 1
1987 paper 2
Anything pre-1987
Advanced Higher: Anything pre-2003

(Any format - Barr rtf- will be fine. However, I would prefer PDF.

Cheers.
AH 2001, 2002, 2003 here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=24818535&postcount=2

There's other Higher papers floating about on here as well.
Reply 51
Golferjamie

Standard Grade: Anything Pre-1991
Higher: 2005
1888 paper 1
1987 paper 2
Anything pre-1987
Advanced Higher: Anything pre-2003

:zomg: :yikes:
You are only really gonna find those papers realistically if you make a request to the SQA or if you are working in a school where they've kept the past papers that far back (which most should have)
Has anyone got the past papers for Higher Maths for pre 2006? Thanks!

ProudScottish
Reply 54
Your teachers will probably have them. Why do you want them now anyway, the year's not even started?
I'm self teaching it! With a tutor once every three weeks!
Thanks Heather, but could you - if you can- find some which aren't Zip either. My computer doesn't accept them!
Delaney
:zomg: :yikes:

That should be 1988
Cheers for pointing it out though.
Reply 58
I'm looking for advanced higher 2001 and anything before. The only thing I could suggest is buying older past paper books on amazon. They have all the papers going back to 2002 for Advanced Higher, but there's only the more recent papers online.
Kelz_26
I'm looking for advanced higher 2001 and anything before. The only thing I could suggest is buying older past paper books on amazon. They have all the papers going back to 2002 for Advanced Higher, but there's only the more recent papers online.

Good luck trying to find advanced higher papers before 2001 :p:

It was CSYS back then, the course was slightly different but section A and the other pure section are still largely relevant to AH maths

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending