The Student Room Group

Chinese Dual Sim Phones

Scroll to see replies

Original post by musicfreak82
My sister also uses a Chinese phone, the P8 Lite of Huawei, and it offers a octa core processor, so I think that it's better and faster of the smartphones which have been mentioned in this discussions.

But generally I obviously think that Chinese smartphones are much better of their international reputation. :smile:

Atleast Huawei has a good reputation in my home country especially the honor series
OMG! I have the jiayu s3 the flahship model of the company a year ago. It's really good comparable to a htc m8 spec wise with a octa core mtk processor. It was only £100. However you should really be looking at Xiaomi or Meizu phones which are really popular in china. They produce phones better than samsung and apple in my opinion. They often have next gen cpus before the competition optimised with a huge fanbase offering root options and cost a lot cheaper. The xiaomi mi4 a iphone lookalike for example has the exact specs of phones such as the s5 when released earlier.

You might consider phones from here though as import and support for phones may be low.
Original post by jontyfernz
Atleast Huawei has a good reputation in my home country especially the honor series

I've interpreted from your profile that you're from India. It's interesting to read that Huawei has a good reputation there. :smile:

But I've to confess that I don't know the Honor series. Do those mobile phones specials characteristics. The P8 Lite and the P8 for example offer a very good camera.
I've interpreted from your profile that you're from India. It's interesting to read that Huawei has a good reputation there. :smile:

But I've to confess that I don't know the Honor series. Do those mobile phones specials characteristics. The P8 Lite and the P8 for example offer a very good camera.

Even xiaomi,elephones too sell like hot cakes here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry, but I can't understand the context with my question.

I've asked about the characteristics of the Honor series... and not about Xiaomi... and I don't think that elephants are interested in smartphones. Even if they are very intelligent animals.

I've asked about the characteristics of the Honor series... and not about Xiaomi... and I don't think that elephants are interested in smartphones. Even if they are very intelligent animals.

http://www.elephonestore.com/elephone-p8000-5-5-inch-octa-core-4g-phone.html

That's for the elephone p8000

http://m.gsmarena.com/huawei_honor_4x-6754.php

A low end honor phone for 100 GBP
Thank you very much for the link!

I must say that for 100 GBP it the Honor 4X seems to offer interesting characteristics... expecting the 8 GB of internal memory. :colonhash:
Thank you very much for the link!

I must say that for 100 GBP it the Honor 4X seems to offer interesting characteristics... expecting the 8 GB of internal memory. :colonhash:

I should have bought it .I bought the HTC desire 626G+ for 130 GBP with similar specs
Hi.
I have had a THL T6S for about a year. I have a problem with the back camera which has stopped working. The flashlight also seems to not work now as well. The camera app shows on home sxreen and loads but the back front camera switch does not show and I am stuck on front camera. The app itself does not appear in the all apps listing. Loading another camera app from playstore has the same problem. Can you suggest what I should do? Thanks.
Original post by timpascoe
Hi.
I have had a THL T6S for about a year. I have a problem with the back camera which has stopped working. The flashlight also seems to not work now as well. The camera app shows on home sxreen and loads but the back front camera switch does not show and I am stuck on front camera. The app itself does not appear in the all apps listing. Loading another camera app from playstore has the same problem. Can you suggest what I should do? Thanks.

Try booting into the test mode where you can test the camera and other things.Its usually in chinese or English.Its quite similar as booting into recovery mode
I have just purchased on amazon a Haweel H1 mobile phone. I have tried connecting to O2 and Vodafone but all i get is no network connection. Can you help please
Hi I have a Chinese replica Brick phone its a MOTQRONA TP C20 I have 2 IMEI Nos IMEI:353259054574682 thats the one in the phone after entering *#06# and on the label under the battery its IMEI: 355289640003521 I cannot find a code anywhere on the sites they all give codes for Samsung, Nokia and Motorola etc but knowhere can I find help for mine if anybody anywhere in the world can help me I would be most grateful my very kindest regards Andy G:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: P.S. My replica above Motqrona etc is not a smartphone I have a Vodafone SIM in the phone with £5 credit I can get all sorts of information up from Vodafone there is a connection to be able to get this information but all I get is invalid SIM when I purchased the phone it stated SIM and phone unlocked it is 2g GSM only thanks if you can help my kindest regards Andy G
Hi I've recently bought a rx11 max from China I have put a giff gaff sim card in and it works fine but when I put a three sim card I don't get a signal but it will detect my sim and bring the number up in sim management and it will say 3 UK also I've put a 32g memory card in and when I try and download anything it says insufficient memory and I've changed my storage location to sd card and still same issue can u please help
Original post by Dizzydonna17
Hi I've recently bought a rx11 max from China I have put a giff gaff sim card in and it works fine but when I put a three sim card I don't get a signal but it will detect my sim and bring the number up in sim management and it will say 3 UK also I've put a 32g memory card in and when I try and download anything it says insufficient memory and I've changed my storage location to sd card and still same issue can u please help

3 sims are notoriously awkward when it come to functioning in sim free and unlocked phones.
You'll be better off just buying a budget phone from a 3 store, less time and hassle.
Hi I’m so glad I found you! I have just purchased a m10 android phone from Wish, I know it comes from China. I am planning to use it as a work phone, so I have inserted a 3 sim PAYG. It’s not recognising ( I have the understanding it unlocked) and as it’s a dual sim I found another old 3 sim. It’s not recognising any sim. What am I doing wrong?
Original post by Clairbie
Hi I’m so glad I found you! I have just purchased a m10 android phone from Wish, I know it comes from China. I am planning to use it as a work phone, so I have inserted a 3 sim PAYG. It’s not recognising ( I have the understanding it unlocked) and as it’s a dual sim I found another old 3 sim. It’s not recognising any sim. What am I doing wrong?

Dual sim phones don't accept any sims from the 3 network.
They accept sims from vodafone, 02 and ee.
Most dual sim phones do accept smaller companies sims but never 3.
Thank you! That explains it!
Original post by londonmyst
Do I need to use 2 sims? Or can I just stick with one?
Original post by Clairbie

The above post in incorrect.

What's the full name of the phone you've bought?
Original post by londonmyst

This is incorrect, I've used a 3 SIM card in three different dual SIM phones over the last two and a half years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending