Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Mollynell
Not sure i think either Cambridge or Oxford court :smile:

Decided im going to go to cambridge! :smile: xx
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 41
Hello guys, I am wondering what makes you consider the MMU? Can anyone please enlighten me? The ranking in the league seems to be on a lower side, but how about the Arts school of MMU?
Reply 42
Original post by penangroad
Hello guys, I am wondering what makes you consider the MMU? Can anyone please enlighten me? The ranking in the league seems to be on a lower side, but how about the Arts school of MMU?

It really depends on the course you're applying for. I heard really good things from tutors and past students about The Manchester School of Art before applying. When I went for my interview however I was blown away by the new building: http://www.artdes.mmu.ac.uk/newspaces/newbuilding.php . The staff also seemed really cool and the course structure fit what I wanted.

I was also sceptical of the rankings when I first saw them. I just assume that other areas of the university are weaker. Also, I hear crewe campus is a bit boring compared to the central Manchester ones. Maybe that effect some students feedback?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 43
To be honest it's what you make of it on the subject you chose even if you go to the best ranked uni or whatever if your dedicated then you'll only get out what you put it :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Hi guys, to anyone who's doing an art subject and booked a place for the applicant day on March 16th (This Saturday), have you received an e-mail saying that the School of Art building isn't complete yet, and so they will be delaying the tour of it until Wednesday 17th April and Wednesday 24th April? :frown: I think I have my first 2 photography exams on those dates so obviously I can't go...I just wanted to know if anyone else is in the same situation D:

Thank you for any feedback :smile:! x
Reply 45
I didn't know about an applicant day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by Think89
Got a conditional offer for Graphic Design but my conditions are going to be easy to achieve. I wasn't sure to go to Manchester met, Leeds or Sheffield up until I visited the new arts building in Manchester last week. It just looks so good I don't think I can see myself anywhere else now. Can't wait for September!

Also, has anybody had a chance to see the Halls around all saints campus? I'm not sure which one is best. I've heard Cambridge is fairly lively though. . .

My first choice is between Manchester met and Nottingham Trent for graphic design, both with offers. What are the facilities like at met, I only came for my interview but didn't have a tour.

Thanks
Bryony
Reply 47
Original post by boak81193
My first choice is between Manchester met and Nottingham Trent for graphic design, both with offers. What are the facilities like at met, I only came for my interview but didn't have a tour.

Thanks
Bryony

I was in exactly the same situation a few days ago. I went to my interview, but stupidly didn't think to go on the tour. Anyways, I visited manchester yesterday and one of the student ambassadors doing campus tours was able to lead me into the new art building through the back entrance. The one thing which immediately hits you is the scale of the studio space. Its like a giant white hall with descending terraces and a sky light at the top, making it ultra bright. The fashion students are located on the ground floor whilst the graphics students are on the second. There's no walls or corridors which separate you from the other subjects, everything is incredibly open. Some people might be irritated by this as there is nothing to stop noise travelling between each department, but I think it gives a nice community feel without the restriction of classrooms.

The actual facilities themselves are state of the art with the latest imacs situated around every corner along with large scale printers and scanners. one of the major negatives I found with Nottingham Trent was the way in which the print studios were located in a different area of the university and the only way you can use them is if you sign up to a long waiting list. This isn't the case with Manchester which has everything you need within the first two floors of both the new building and the attached older building. People have actually posted on the internet stating that they have transferred from Nottingham Trent to Manchester for this reason.

Sorry for writing such a long post, I just wanted to make sure that I got everything across ok. I have just accepted my offer for Manchester as I now feel that it has far more than Nottingham Trent or any other university. Hope this helps.
Hey guys I got an offer from Manchester for fine art and I'm defo going anyone Els picked this place as their firm choses as I know NO ONE going or what halls to pick or anything please help! :colondollar:
Reply 49
Hello... I've picked MMU as my firm too but for textiles :biggrin: aand i think im applying for Cambridge hall accommodation!
Original post by kletitia
Hello... I've picked MMU as my firm too but for textiles :biggrin: aand i think im applying for Cambridge hall accommodation!

is cambridge best for acomadation or do you know what are the best :smile:
Reply 51
I think manchester now is my firm too but for graphic design, everyone has recommended cambridge halls as apparently its the one thats the most lively and people want to try and move from there halls to cambridge after a couple of months. The only down side is that its a shared bathroom but I suppose thats not too bad.
Reply 52
ok so i literally have no idea between Manchester met ans Nottingham Trent for my uni choice?! for photography that is, help? :P i have conditionals at both xx
Original post by boak81193
I think manchester now is my firm too but for graphic design, everyone has recommended cambridge halls as apparently its the one thats the most lively and people want to try and move from there halls to cambridge after a couple of months. The only down side is that its a shared bathroom but I suppose thats not too bad.

Glad you decided I'm going mmu to I don't know if I could share a bathroom though :frown: arhh haha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Heya! I posted ages ago worrying about my interview.. haha nothing to worry about it was very relaxed!
Yeah so anyway, they gave me an unconditional offer, although I have an interview at brighton on monday, I fell in love with manchester when I was there so 90% sure I want to accept my place.

I was reading that some of you guys were worrying about having not done a foundation and an extra year of experience blabla.
My portfolio pretty much consisted of all my A level work anyway because I hate most of the work i've done for foundation, and they offered me an unconditional so basically what I'm saying is that you guys have nothing to worry about :smile:

I'm trying to decide between cavendish and cambridge halls but I don't know!
You be doing fine art than and I still can't decide about the halls ither :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
ive got an offer for international fashion promotion and have booked accommodation in parkway gate :smile: this is my firm choice, love the uni and the city and cant wait to start in september!!! :smile:
Reply 57
Hello, I have an offer to do a foundation course. Like most other people, I don't really wanna share bathrooms, but also don't want to miss out on the social aspect of it all! Has anyone got friends there already who would be able to give some advice on which are the best halls to apply for?
Hey Im doing the actually degree course in art and I'm worried about the same thing ha but Everone has told me. And everyone I had asked had told me to go Cambridge :smile: my friend has got on to foundation and she didn't know you could stay in halls is that possible and do you get all the loans ect! Sorry just as she don't know anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also anyone going to the applicant day 17 April? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending