The Student Room Group

Not eligible for Student Finance funding - help?

hey guys
I have a friend who is not eligible for funding from Student Finance England for uni. what are alternative sources of funding that she can access instead?
Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Why isn't she eligible? There's a big difference between being an international student and not qualifying, and her parents just earning too much for her to get a maintenance grant.
Reply 2
Original post by star.rider
hey guys
I have a friend who is not eligible for funding from Student Finance England for uni. what are alternative sources of funding that she can access instead?

there really arent any. if she is an international student then her home country might offer something but other that no.
Reply 3
Original post by Damask-
Why isn't she eligible? There's a big difference between being an international student and not qualifying, and her parents just earning too much for her to get a maintenance grant.

shes only been in the country for 2 yrs and SF told her she had to be living here for at least 3 yrs to apply
(edited 11 years ago)
shes only been in the country for 2 yrs and SF says told her she had to be living here for at least 3 yrs to apply

Tell her to take a gap year. Otherwise she is going to have to pay. :smile:
Reply 5
gap year it is. thanks guys :biggrin:
hey guys

Ask your rich parents to pay the fees for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending