The Student Room Group

Student finance for a mature student with previous used years

Hi. I have used 3 years of student finance in the past. I am now returning to education and I will first need to do a foundation year. The course I have seen says "1 year foundation year" and it is year 0 of a 4 year course. After the foundation year, I intend on applying to study nursing, which I'm aware is funded by student finance. My question is, will the foundation year (which is separate from the nursing course) be funded? Also, if I'm only entitled to say, 1 year, will that one year be funded at the start or will I have to self fund because it could be classed as "year 0 of a 4 year degree"
(edited 2 months ago)
Hi there. Can you please confirm the full name of the foundation year and university, is this full time or part time and when does the course start? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. Can you please confirm the full name of the foundation year and university, is this full time or part time and when does the course start? Thanks, Leah.
Hi,

It just says Foundation Year. It's Full Time at the University of bradford. It's course code is Y006.

Thanks!
Original post by ibn__m7md
Hi,

It just says Foundation Year. It's Full Time at the University of bradford. It's course code is Y006.

Thanks!
Hi there,

When does the course start? Do you hold any qualification's currently?

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by ibn__m7md
Hi. I have used 3 years of student finance in the past. I am now returning to education and I will first need to do a foundation year. The course I have seen says "1 year foundation year" and it is year 0 of a 4 year course. After the foundation year, I intend on applying to study nursing, which I'm aware is funded by student finance. My question is, will the foundation year (which is separate from the nursing course) be funded? Also, if I'm only entitled to say, 1 year, will that one year be funded at the start or will I have to self fund because it could be classed as "year 0 of a 4 year degree"
Good morning @ibn_m7md :smile:

Please contact Student Finance England directly to find out what funding you are eligible for. You may also want to contact the admissions team at the University of Bradford directly to check to see if you would be eligible to study the Foundation Year after already having completed a degree. You can contact them on [email protected]

I hope this helps, thank you.

Becky
Original post by University of Bradford
Please contact Student Finance England directly to find out what funding you are eligible for.

Threads on this forum are answered by offical SFE reps. :smile:
Original post by normaw
Threads on this forum are answered by offical SFE reps. :smile:
Ah thank you! Didn't realise it was in the student finance forum, was thinking it had come into ours. Thanks for the heads up :smile:

Have a nice day

Becky
Hi there,

If you have any further questions feel free to contact us.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending