The Student Room Group

Essex blonde, 16, has Einstein IQ

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fullofsurprises
Ooohh, what is it? Perhaps we can announce it here on TSR?

Haha. I was joking. It's not 161 unfortunately.

but i'm in Mensa :colone:

p.s. for anyone who doesn't really know how IQ calculations work, they are done using s.d. so you don't really have a "range" per se. For mensa, it goes from 161, 157 (1%), 148 (2%) and so on for example.

p.p.s. also, it's stupid comparing IQ, since different tests have completely different scales.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by hslakaal

Most people on TSR say that only dweebs and jerks declare they are in Mensa, so I'm really glad you used SMALL LETTERS TO ANNOUNCE THAT YOU ARE IN MENSA!!
Most people on TSR say that only dweebs and jerks declare they are in Mensa, so I'm really glad you used SMALL LETTERS TO ANNOUNCE THAT YOU ARE IN MENSA!!

:rolleyes:
Reply 143
Original post by Dukeofwembley
im saying, of any age, and of those of that same age, there should be 1 in 30,000 who have 160 iq or above

OK, fair enough. I initially thought you were saying something rather different :tongue:

1/30,000 seems reasonable, in fact it's probably more frequent then that. Still pretty darn rare though!
Reply 144
This is most certainly not as news-worthy as it should have been and the article is littered with ridiculous statements and assertions about her intelligence in relation to Einstein, Hawking and Gates (:facepalm2:), but, tbh, I can't say I wouldn't mind an IQ of 161...

I've never taken an 'official' IQ test, so who knows? :ninja:
No, the upper-middle class is clearly part of the middle class. (Doctors, lawyers, consultants, etc.) Your analysis is patently incorrect because the economic interests of a Richard Branson, who has no title, are radically different to those of the accountants and lawyers who slave away for his empire.

It's a common misconception that the upper class only consists of titled people, it doesn't. It is those people who from family wealth or property have escaped from the need to work, plus the owners and controllers of large capital and those who control the largest businesses. It still also includes the landed gentry to whom you refer, but is in no way exclusive to them.

The term middle class can either refer to the lower, the mid- and the upper-middle classes as one group, or it can be a reference to a the mid-middle classes on its own. I clearly thought you meant the latter.
You are incorrect. The term upper and lower middle classes were coined to refer to the wealthy industrialists (the upper-middle class) and the professions (the lower) even though this usage has changed slightly; doctors etc are now considered solid middle class, not upper or lower-mid. At least by the books ive read.
Yes Branson is upper-middle class while his accountant is not. Example; Mr Cameron recently referred to himself as middle class, which he technically is. Although not ordinary middle class.
As I mentioned, those who escaped the need of work through large businesses were labelled upper-middle class, that's how the term was coined around the 19th century. The upper class in the UK are families with titles. It's uncommon to find a member of the landed class without one, and when it happened its due to marriages with people outside of the nobility.
As I said, this is the historic British definition. It's not applicable to other cultures.
(edited 11 years ago)
IQ doesn't matter, it's what one does with their intellect that matters.
Original post by Mazzini
Oh wow, she must be so intelligent :smartass:

:rolleyes:

Lots of women are blonde. Lots of women wear make-up. Lots of women go out. :rolleyes:

Nice to see four AS levels going on there. :rolleyes:

Conclusion: that article has no particular point.

Just as I read sheldoncoopers post in the characters voice I read this post in Miranda Harts voice lol.
Original post by hslakaal

p.p.s. also, it's stupid comparing IQ, since different tests have completely different scales.

Finally someone mentions THIS.
I'd bang her!
Reply 150
Original post by Rainingshame
Just as I read sheldoncoopers post in the characters voice I read this post in Miranda Harts voice lol.

It wasn't intended to be, but oh well. :tongue:

:teehee:
Now if only she used her intelligence to do something like Neuroscience or Nanotechnology or Astrophysics instead of singing and dancing and architecture...
Reply 152
She's gonna end up a useless corporate drone after all her dreams of performing and other bull**** get swept away (like it happens 98% of the time). Plus telegraph is an extremely biased right-wing tabloid posing as a respectable paper.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 153
She's clever as Einstein :biggrin:

Er, no she hasn't contributed anything yet, give it 50 years, IQ means jack ****, what can you seriously do with an IQ...

Mensa Dweeb: Oh, I'm cleverer than you I got an IQ of 161
Normal hard-working student; So... Could you tell me how an object with a mass of 690tG with a force of 158tG acceleration is?
Mesa Dweeb:... Idk...

Fact of life, you can have a high IQ but doesn't necessary means you are smart, my younger sister who's 3 years old is able to count to high values and speak in direct sentences, and guess what she enjoys reading and doing some maths.... = Someone who is clever yet she doesn't need any IQ test...
Btw how did a 6 year old get into IQ test and get high value what did she do?
That girl isn't even a natural blonde, she is the typical british "blonde" girl.
The value of their house will probably rise as a result of this.

What, how? :lolwut:
Reply 156
she reminds me of lisa from the simpsons :smile:
Original post by sarahthegemini
What, how? :lolwut:

It was a jokey reference to the tendancy of the Mail to harp on about house prices endlessly. The previous poster had suggested they were being coached by the Mail.
It was a jokey reference to the tendancy of the Mail to harp on about house prices endlessly. The previous poster had suggested they were being coached by the Mail.

Oh right :colondollar:
Reply 159
I think that IQ tests are not accurate at all.
And how can she be the blonde daughter of a black man? She's clearly not mixed race.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending