The Student Room Group

Computer Sci HELP?

Poll

Which is the best option?

I can't decide between Kent and Leicester for Computer Science? :s-smilie:

Here's how it's mixing in my head...

--->Kent has an attractive Campus (Canterbury) and a slightly higher graduate employment figure. They also offer the option to study a themed degree. (e.g. consultancy, security)

--->Leicester is higher on the league tables(?) but I haven't visited the Campus yet. They also seem to be more... well equipped shall I say. Oh and they have their own o2 Academy.

I don't think either is outstanding for Computer Science but any reason why I should go to one or the other?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Kent
Reply 2
Original post by iisjman07
Kent

Why do you say that?
Reply 3
Original post by ruhul555
Why do you say that?

Well it's a Russell Group university

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
There isn't much gap between them, I would say Kent. You're happy with the course and the location, and you're going to have to spend a while there so you need to be comfortable! I don't think going somewhere you haven't seen because its a few places higher isn't the best idea, you might get there and hate the atmosphere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by iisjman07
Well it's a Russell Group university

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not.
Reply 6
Original post by pinksugar
There isn't much gap between them, I would say Kent. You're happy with the course and the location, and you're going to have to spend a while there so you need to be comfortable! I don't think going somewhere you haven't seen because its a few places higher isn't the best idea, you might get there and hate the atmosphere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Leicester is 20th
Kent is 33rd
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?

Don't you feel that's a significant jump? And how bad could the atmosphere be? I haven't heard anything terrible about Leicester :/
Reply 7
hmm, I looked on the guardian one and I can't remember the actual gaps but at the time it didn't seem too big?

and this probably isn't helpful, but I'm pretty sure on the Which university guide (good site!) it said something about a gap of about 10 on the league tables means the unis are pretty similar (don't quote me on that).

I'm sure it isn't bad at Leicester, but sometimes whilst looking at unis I couldn't see myself there, didn't like the campus, wasn't too sure about how I felt about the lecturers.

I don't think either is bad or good, but maybe the one you know you can see yourself studying well and enjoying better is the one to chose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by ruhul555
It's not.

You're correct - not really sure where I got that from

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending