The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Daniel George
duhh, I think girls are hot or whatever but I don't call the "9.5" or "8" I tend to know their names you see :wink:

Obvs to their face would be rude but there's nothing wrong with doing it among mates.
Original post by Daniel George
duhh, I think girls are hot or whatever but I don't call the "9.5" or "8" I tend to know their names you see :wink:

Like you're going to post names on TSR as if everyone knows them. Stop backtracking you utter bellend.

Don't worry, you'll be the first we throw to the feminists
Original post by Frankster
I didn't mention personality.

What else is there to be attracted to other than looks and personality?
Reply 23
What makes you think that these women actually want to have any kind of relationship with anyone? This isn't directed at you personally, but I'm sick of guys trying it on when some girls just really are not looking for any relationship/ONS or whatever.
I'll go right ahead and brand OP an aspie.
Original post by Hormonal
PLEASE don't do that...

I think he saw it of " Simple Pickup " a pickup channel on youtube , to be fair it did have a good response , but things are very different in the USA , girls over here would look at him like wtf.
Original post by T_x
What makes you think that these women actually want to have any kind of relationship with anyone? This isn't directed at you personally, but I'm sick of guys trying it on when some girls just really are not looking for any relationship/ONS or whatever.

Well how is the dude going to know that ? Your hardly helping out all the anxious socially inept guys who worry about enough things as it is , maybe guys will take this sort of thing into consideration when there is more equality in relationships ( i.e women approach men) but until that day guys have to not give a **** and go for what they want , or they will be forever alone.
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
I think he saw it of " Simple Pickup " a pickup channel on youtube , to be fair it did have a good response , but things are very different in the USA , girls over here would look at him like wtf.

To be fair I'd say it's a lot easier to pick up/start speaking to girls in USA as they seem so much more open then girls here in UK. People here don't like speaking to strangers at all really. I'd say nearly all girls I've been with have been met through mutual friends/mutual hobbies etc
Reply 28
Original post by Foo.mp3
This post is ****ing epic out of 10, made me chuckle :laugh:

Here's a tip OP: Don't try to run before you can crawl :smile:

What do you suggest I do?

I was told to not look too far or I'll trip over cracks in the sidewalk. But also not to always look down or I'll never get anywhere, I should instead look in the middle.

I figured that looking in the middle is so damn hard that I'm going to look as far as I can, every time I trip up I'll pick myself back up again. Eventually I will learn where that middle ground is.
Reply 29
I take the monkey approach to picking up girls, which involves flinging my **** at them, you should try it, trust me chicks dig that...
Right girls!..
'hey all three of you have a boyfriend, how about you screw them and have a foursome with me'

Oh my Goodness....
Original post by cyfer
X

It looks an awful lot like you trying to give advice. I don't mind people giving advice even if I disagree with it, but when (as I put in my original post) you are blatantly a wannabe pick-up artist then I think you are ridiculous, sorry. I mean someone who puts that much effort into getting girls with a weird language like "beta" is just creepy.

It may sound cool on the internet, but being all "I'm no longer beta" probably suggests in reality you are definately not the "alpha" you desire to be.

I don't mind if someone is the weirdest person in the whole world as long as they aren't arrogant and that is what a wannabe pick-up artist is.

And no, that joke if it was said in a lecture would be one of the quickest ways to get known around campus. Or on a list for sexual predators. The one about all 3 of them having boyfriends, but ditch them and **** you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
On a more serious note, you should do what you've been doing but without the whole pickup focus, just keep meeting as many people as possible but treat them like human beings and be friendly with no particular emphasis on securing numbers/dates etc to begin with

The more natural/naturally composed and self-confident you become in these scenarios, the more smoothly you will then be able to pop getting a girls number or adding her on facebook etc into conversation

That is what I don't get about people who aspire to be pick-up artists. I mean it is unlikely to work at the start but lets just say it does. What you going to do in every conversation with her? Keep an act up? Keep looking to your internet guide for advice?
Pick-ups are only intended work for short term obviously, and they really don't look like they do anything more than just make your chances worse.
Reply 33
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Well how is the dude going to know that ? Your hardly helping out all the anxious socially inept guys who worry about enough things as it is , maybe guys will take this sort of thing into consideration when there is more equality in relationships ( i.e women approach men) but until that day guys have to not give a **** and go for what they want , or they will be forever alone.

*Sigh.* Plenty of girls I know have made the first move; I certainly wouldn't sit around waiting for someone to decide they're interested in me. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that when it comes to men and women meeting for the first time, I feel that the women will largely view the men as prospective friends, whereas the men will (initially at least) view the women as potential ONS/girlfriends/whatever. This is exceptionally irritating.
Reply 34
Original post by cyfer
Since my last thread I still haven't kissed a girl or gotten a girlfriend

'Picking up' girls tends to involve some physical interaction, for the record.
Reply 35
Original post by zjs
'Picking up' girls tends to involve some physical interaction, for the record.

Yeah, I'm aware I'm in in very, very initial stages. I have no problem with the idea that it will take me a very long time to progress anywhere from where I've come, working out has got me into a similar mindset. It'll be worth it though.
Reply 36
Original post by chelseafan
THIS guy again....

LMAOO.

laughed way too hard at this :biggrin:
Reply 37
Original post by cyfer
Note to improve: Be persistent

Rapist's Charter: Subsection II.

Original post by cyfer
turns out both of them were going to see their boyfriends....

More like their "boyfriends".

Original post by cyfer
Note to improve: Act suave after failure. I should have made a joke like 'hey all three of you have a boyfriend, how about you screw them and have a foursome with me' or something.

Note to improve: remember 'suave' and 'creepily lolworthy' are not interchangeable

Original post by cyfer
I hit the gym now and I'd like to wear tighter t-shirts rather than shirts/jumpers to show this since I don't have a prettyboy face (its not that bad though!)

Casting your net wider to include appealing to guys, just in case? Smart move.

Original post by cyfer
I handed her my phone and said 'put your number in'. When she asked why I said 'because you're cute'. I was too panicked to really judge how this went down/if it was a good thing. I'll have to try it again.

You're not Will Smith, so it probably went about as well as the maiden voyage of the Hindenberg.

Original post by cyfer
Post your tips/advice.

Give up immediately.
You're trying too hard. Persistence is more likely to make a girl annoyed.
Original post by cyfer
Skip to below if you want to get right to me picking up girls
Some of you may remember me from my previous thread about picking up girls. Essentially, I went out to the street and picked up girls for a few months. I did it about 20-24 times in total, only once or twice with a girl by her own. In the end I managed to solve my social anxiety/retardation, gained incredible amounts of confidence, no longer give a damn what others think of me, I am now able to carry myself well in the presence of girls (I'm no longer creepy or beta in the sense of being scared to do or say things). Probably the best thing about it is that it has envoked a huge sense of opportunism within me, getting **** done and doing things first and not thinking about social norms. I have no doubt this will help me hugely when I try to set up a business in University.

If you want to come here and argue about whether picking up random girls is a good or bad thing you can leave now. I've learned arguing about this is the same as arguing about religion, i.e. pointless.

The difference between the last thread and this one is that I am not going out consciously to pickup girls. I simply don't have the time. Instead, I've found that I'm fine with just seeing girls on the street, or at events/places I go to and approaching them there.

Since my last thread I still haven't kissed a girl or gotten a girlfriend. I'm pretty sure I could solve the former easily if I went to a party and got drunk but that's not my aim. I also asked a girl out in school but I got rejected, because she liked another guy, who she is now going out with (she actually asked him out the same day I asked her out, I like to think I had a part in that! haha)

Picking up girls starts here
My first re-encounter with pick up was two weeks ago where I was at a maths lecture and I saw a really cute girl. I talk to a huge amount of people every time I go to anything like this where I don't know anyone but I noticed one girl that I didn't talk to. She was really cute, probably 8/10. I think I made the excuse of being busy talking to other people and not going up to her, but I went up to her after the lecture and was like 'Hey, you are cute, what's your name?'.
She pretended she had to go somewhere and I wasn't persistent, I could have said 'wait up for a minute' or something. I instantly caved in and just accepted her decision. I also approached her from her side, which was a weird angle. Oh well, I'm glad I've still retained the balls to do this kind of thing. I'm sure I can regain certain aspects of my 'game' as I start doing this again

Note to improve: Be persistent

Today, I went to a physics lecture/master class thing. Once again, I met a huge amount of people, two of which were absolutely awesome. It's pretty cool how despite the majority of people being boring, as long as I try really hard to meet as many people as possible, I'll always find a few amazing people!
As soon as I got into the lecture, I went straight to sit next to a cute girl. I was a bit disappointed when I sat down because this was a 5-6/10. Probably more but she was slightly chubby which really turns me off. Found out she had a boyfriend though (I wasn't flirting or anything) so it's all good.
Two really cute girls sat behind me though, 8/10 and 9-9.5/10. I talked/flirted with them during the breaks as much as I could since the breaks were short, whilst meeting new people (which were mostly guys, since this was a physics lecture...).
At the end I asked the 9.5 for her number and it turns out both of them were going to see their boyfriends.... fml.
I HUGELY ****ed up after this. Before asking her for her number I made myself promise that if I got rejected, I wouldn't ask her friend, the 8 for her number because that's like saying to a girl that you're sloppy seconds which I didn't want to do at all. However when she said she had a boyfriend I cracked and panicked and did ask.... I never want to do this again. It is incredibly prattish.
Still glad I went for it though.

Note to improve: Act suave after failure. I should have made a joke like 'hey all three of you have a boyfriend, how about you screw them and have a foursome with me' or something.
Show off my physique more. I hit the gym now and I'd like to wear tighter t-shirts rather than shirts/jumpers to show this since I don't have a prettyboy face (its not that bad though!)
Remember that it is about what they have proved to me, not what I have proved to them.
Catch myself doing uptalk and stop it
Don't forget to wear deoderant... urghhh
I was really direct in trying to get her number. I handed her my phone and said 'put your number in'. When she asked why I said 'because you're cute'. I was too panicked to really judge how this went down/if it was a good thing. I'll have to try it again.

Post your tips/advice. It would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
Edit: Wonder how the negs will pan out for this thread. Already got two. Last time I got a barrage of negs which slowly turned into a torrent of pos rep as I explained myself, will be interesting.
Edit 2: This is not a guide or advice to pick up girls. This is a journal

It's OK, there's no shame

http://www.thai-brides.co.uk/

Latest

Trending

Trending