The Student Room Group

Do the most attractive girls feel overwhelmed?

I mean like overwhelmed by the attention they receive primarily from guys i'd guess.

Is it like annoying to have people stare or try and chat you up anywhere you go or is it welcome/confidence boosting?

You can go anon if you don't want others to think you're conceited.
It's the same for attractive girls and guys... ultimately, it depends on who's doing the staring / chatting up as well as whether or not it's in an appropriate environment.

Attractive people (of either sex) are noticed by everyone. If you choose to present yourself in an attractive manner, you can't "pick and choose" who finds you attractive, you've got to put up with all the undesirable types as well. For girls, this would include the lairy builders; the "dirty old men"; the "holla boys"; the weirdo /stalker types etc. For attractive guys, undesirable women aren't as big a problem, but they DO tend to also get noticed by gay guys as well (Some people may not be comfortable knowing a guy is having "wild thoughts" about them).

Obviously they love the attention from the "right" kind of people... but the question they need to ask themselves, is whether or not it's worth putting up with the attention from the wrong types of people for the good looking people to notice.

Whilst some people may consider me attractive / good looking now, I had a hard time at school for a load of issues I won't bore you with... but to cut a long story short, I'm personally grateful for anyone who finds me attractive (NB, I'd just rather not know the details from the guys though :wink: ). Obviously I can't speak for girls, but from what I see, they just ignore the attention from the guys they're not interested in (the only ones who try and chat them up are the "holla boys", who normally give up after about 10-15 seconds, when they see they're being ignored). The problems come when they notice that they're being followed. Builders tend to just cat call, which I guess can be annoying.
Reply 2
I’ve sort of assumed it’s a good problem to have, in comparison to regular knock backs
Original post by Zarek
I’ve sort of assumed it’s a good problem to have, in comparison to regular knock backs

Not necessarily... as I said, you can't pick and choose who finds you attractive.

For me, it's not a problem as I'm a guy who can handle himself in most situations. However, from a girls point of view it's completely different... you often hear on this board where girls say they'll tell a white lie to let guys down gently. There are some numpties out there who can't take no for an answer or react really badly, and let's face it... an average guy is more than capable of overpowering an average woman if they really wanted to.
Reply 4
It is annoying when you ca';t go for a pint without someone mithering you.
Original post by Old Skool Freak
... and we're off :rolleyes:

I was literally stunned that there wasn't an incel post yet, and then it came.
Reply 6
I think there are plenty of attractive people who don't get much attention (by which I mean people asking them out), because there are people who think they're completely out of their league, or of course because they're just not interested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending