The Student Room Group

Gcse aqa new spec isa

What do you need out of 50 to get an a* in the new specification aqa gcse isa?

I got 42/50 in my biology isa and 45/50 in my physics isa. I'm confused because some people tell me its 45 and others tell me 39. Help?:frown:
Reply 1
In short, nobody really knows. The 40 for an A, 45 for an A* prediction is based around percentages, and it is very unlikely that the grade boundaries will follow 60% for a C, 70% for a B, 80% for an A and 90% for an A*, I say that because in the only GCSE ISA to be certified (core and additional) it was 36/50 for an A*. The 39/50 is a prediction whereby the former has been taken and a 3 mark rise has been added to take into account the fact that teachers have got better at teaching them and things like that.

i got the same as you, and that mark was standard around the top students in top set, between 41 and 43, so I'd say that it should actually be an A*. Nobody knows though, it could be an A, and it could be a very high A* like it would have been last year, we'll have to wait and see.
Reply 2
Oh i see, thanks. Wow 36/50 is low, but I don't mind xD. Our school submits all our isas at the end, i was hoping they would off sent it before so we could get our results with our other exams on march 7th :-(
What did you get in chemistry isa?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending