The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
zoea85
Hmm...I don't want to jinx it by writing an actual list cos it would be too good to be true if our list was spot on! :biggrin:
For psychopathology I think the general feeling is schizophrenia
For Issues - Culture bias, but I have a feeling for Gender too.
For Cognitive development - dev. of intelligence / Piaget and applications of cognitive development theories

P.S. I notice you've only studied 3 issues... I would revise ALL 3 if I were you because there are 4 possible ones that can come up, the 4th one is Issues with animals

:biggrin:
Reply 41
luckylucy
i just looked a the past questions for june 05 on the aqa website and they were free will/detrminism and science but did someone say that them two came up in jan 06 aswell? which means a repeat of the same two debates, does that that means that we cant really predict the question for debates?????? argh

Without looking at patterns or which papers, for debates I know that the topics have come up the following number of times:

Psychology as Science 5
Nature Nurture 4
Free will v determinism 4
Reductionism 3

On that score, reductionism is most likely to put in an appearance, and psychology as science least.
I'll be happy if schizophrenia comes up, don't really want anxiety disorders (phobias) cos I can't seem to get my head around it. I'm feeling fed up of revision now so I might just do the bare minimum! If culture bias came up that wouldn't be too bad I was hoping it might be ethics cos thats such an easy one to remember but as it came up in Jan it seems unlikely.
Reply 43
Sorry if i'm writing in the wrong place here, i'm new to this thing!!
but i was just wondering...if a question on the psychopathology section comes up and it's not in two parts but just asks for the theories, are you expected to kind of introduce the disorder, like say the clinical characteristics of it?
Reply 44
if u did id only do like a rly brief outline. Because i doubt you'll get credit for it
Reply 45
Yep, definitely no credit if clinical characteristics isn't in the question, so no point even doing a brief outline, why wasting time?? Just dive straight into your first theory for a theories question.
Reply 46
anyoe know hwta question 1 was for the pya5 exam in jan?
Reply 47
greekfreek
anyoe know hwta question 1 was for the pya5 exam in jan?

Look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=242591.
Reply 48
I'm praying that Schiz and Nature-Nurture appear! although i should have enough days to revise if not sat on the computer or msn or watchin world cup... this is highly unlikely though
Hi, here, I am really confused of wot came up in January 06 now.....was it
Gender + ethics of human use
or
Culture + ethics of human use
...............plz help
it was gender. culture hasn't been on for a while...until now?
ok so guys, here's the general feeling i get from this thread:

schizophrenia is almost definately going to come up, and the debates are likely to be reductionism and nature/nurture.

am i right in thinking this? please tell me i am, i'm going crazy here, i have 2 exams on tues so won't get time for last minute revision until wednesday morning.
Reply 52
asianangel86
ok so guys, here's the general feeling i get from this thread:

schizophrenia is almost definately going to come up, and the debates are likely to be reductionism and nature/nurture.

am i right in thinking this? please tell me i am, i'm going crazy here, i have 2 exams on tues so won't get time for last minute revision until wednesday morning.

well.... yeh!
lol thanks. i'm going nuts.
Reply 54
Does any1 know the topics that came up in the january 2002 pya5 paper for questions 1, 4 and 5, because it is not on the aqa website! HELP!!!
LOL!!
Thanx.
Reply 55
Claire R
Does any1 know the topics that came up in the january 2002 pya5 paper for questions 1, 4 and 5, because it is not on the aqa website! HELP!!!
LOL!!
Thanx.

There you go:

1) Critically discuss research into the reliability and validity of classification of abnormal behaviour.

4) "Many people focus on the ethics of conducting research with non-human animals but that overlooks the most important argument abuo whether such research shed any light on human behviour"

With referece to the quotation above discuss issue that it raises.

5) With reference to either psychologocial theory or research discuss the view that such practices offer a gender-biased view of human behviour.
Reply 56
i heard schizophrenia was going to come up. But didn't that come up in Jan??
Reply 57
Does anyone know why Jan 2002 unit 5 isn't on the AQA website? Me confused...If it did exist, does anyone know what came up in debates?
Reply 58
hiya!! ive mainly revised schizophrenia!! avnt rly dun nowt on depression and ocd!! is tha the case 4 every1? xxx
Reply 59
^ I've done shiz and depression (half of which I've forgotten lol because it came up in jan so dobut it will come up again).

phobias..I'm going to go over a lil after I do cultural bias!

But PLEASE GOD bring on SHIZ!

Latest

Trending

Trending