The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

The uni of sussex Park houses help!

Hey there, basically I like the idea of park houses the most as it seems really social and that is what i like. On the website it shows kent house which looks really nice so I assumed they would all be like that. However I went to the admission days yesterday and when I saw Lancaster house I hated it. I was hoping people could share their experiences of the different Park houses so I can make a decision?
Reply 1
Original post by chanelw
Hey there, basically I like the idea of park houses the most as it seems really social and that is what i like. On the website it shows kent house which looks really nice so I assumed they would all be like that. However I went to the admission days yesterday and when I saw Lancaster house I hated it. I was hoping people could share their experiences of the different Park houses so I can make a decision?

I'm in the same position, park houses was my number one choice from the open day as I viewed Kent and it was really nice, like you I love the whole corridor thing, it's really sociable. However i went back on a visit day and saw York house which was dark and grim with tiny kitchens and low ceilings :/.

I'm hoping to go for Brighthelm instead and still put park houses as my second choice in the hope that there's an additional information box where I can beg for Kent house! It'll still be awesome just living on campus though, despite which acomodation.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by chanelw

Original post by PopDaRouge
I'm in the same position, park houses was my number one choice from the open day as I viewed Kent and it was really nice, like you I love the whole corridor thing, it's really sociable. However i went back on a visit day and saw York house which was dark and grim with tiny kitchens and low ceilings :/.

I'm hoping to go for Brighthelm instead and still put park houses as my second choice in the hope that there's an additional information box where I can beg for Kent house! It'll still be awesome just living on campus though, despite which acomodation.

When I was there( in Kent house), 9/10 people had put park houses very low on their list and just been.put there.

It's very social in Kent house. Lots.of cool people and some good friends were made. Although, 12 people in one shower and 12 people in one kitchen is something I will never do again.

Expect giant queues for showers anytime between 9 and 11am. Oh and ridiculous washing up piles and rubbish piles. When I.lived there every kitchen had maggots at some point in the year. Oh and people will steal food constantly since all 100 people can walk into any kitchen at any time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending