The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Uni of Sussex private halls -any experience?

Hi, I've been warned I might not get student accomodation this year for University of Sussex (was in clearing but not in first 200!) I would prefer to live in something like a uni hall - eg quite sociable and lots of students. Does anyone have any recommendations or experiences of other freshers in the same position? I may just be too late, seems a lot of very, very expensive studios left but I think I'd be a bit lonely (and poor)!
Hi

What did you end up doing, im in the same boat
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Hi there I was actually given uni accomodation about 8/9 days later so it did come through in the end but I won't lie it was a pretty stressful wait! I during that wait I decided though to take a gap year and retake one of my A levels so I'm doing something diff now, but hopefully you will have same and it will come through in the end - but hopefully not quite as long a wait. A friend of mine from school had the same and got a place in clearing and a spot also came through in the end and she is super happy at Sussex. Good luck, I hope it works out for you!
Original post by Elie2021
Hi there I was actually given uni accomodation about 8/9 days later so it did come through in the end but I won't lie it was a pretty stressful wait! I during that wait I decided though to take a gap year and retake one of my A levels so I'm doing something diff now, but hopefully you will have same and it will come through in the end - but hopefully not quite as long a wait. A friend of mine from school had the same and got a place in clearing and a spot also came through in the end and she is super happy at Sussex. Good luck, I hope it works out for you!

Tysm for replying, thats great news. Was the accom you or your friend ended up getting a good one
Reply 4
Original post by cravenmanal
Tysm for replying, thats great news. Was the accom you or your friend ended up getting a good one

I think it was OK it wouldn't have been my first choice but all I cared about was actually having accomodation and it was uni accomodation I'm a block - maybe not the nicest one- but I bet it would have been completely fine
I think it was OK it wouldn't have been my first choice but all I cared about was actually having accomodation and it was uni accomodation I'm a block - maybe not the nicest one- but I bet it would have been completely fine

thank you so much, you've calmed me down a lot.
Reply 6
Meant to say too sussex invited us down to an accomodation chat about alternatives. TBH we just found that more stresssful as I didn't want to rent a room in a family house for example, I wanted to have the freshers experience. And the talk made it seem unlikely we would get somewhere! And as I said both my friend and I got somewhere in the end!
Meant to say too sussex invited us down to an accomodation chat about alternatives. TBH we just found that more stresssful as I didn't want to rent a room in a family house for example, I wanted to have the freshers experience. And the talk made it seem unlikely we would get somewhere! And as I said both my friend and I got somewhere in the end!

Oh so they asked you to stay in a family home at first, i hope they wont ask the same again because i dont want to do that either. By any chance do you remember the name of the accom you got in the end if you dont mind sharing.
Reply 8
Sorry I don't. No I wasn't given a room in a house it was just a suggestion from accomodation if you were stuck I guess. Hopefully it will all work out when I went to see. It in 2022 I'm sure they were building more accomodation

Update I just saw this thread again randomly but I did end up getting accommodation on campus thank you for helping me when I was panicking that was so nice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending