The Student Room Group

Guys: Skinny or Curvy women?

Skinny:

Curvy:

Which type do you prefer? This thread isn't meant to offend anyone btw.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
curvey skinny women make me sick, I like meat on the bone, I don't find skinny women attractive atall tbh.
Reply 2
This question is invalid because all of those "curvy" women you posted DEFINITELY also count as skinny...
Original post by suncake
This question is invalid because all of those "curvy" women you posted DEFINITELY also count as skinny...

Curvy is a shape. Hayek and Shakira are curvy, as is the woman in the second photo. In the other ones it's more ambiguous, but those three are hourglasses and curvy.
Reply 4
Christ almighty... Can we just agree once and for all that the body type men are attracted to is BOTH slim AND curvy (I.e. the impossible ideal of huge tits, a tiny waist and a huge ass), not stick thin and not chubby. Using extreme polar examples for one body type, as you have here, is not a fair comparison. The women shown are what men would call curvy, but not what women would call curvy.
Reply 5
Original post by desdemonata
Curvy is a shape. Hayek and Shakira are curvy, as is the woman in the second photo. In the other ones it's more ambiguous, but those three are hourglasses and curvy.

I know that. But if you post photos of some clearly unhealthily thin women and label it "skinny", and post photos of slim, toned + healthy looking "curvy" women, which do you think people will pick? :rolleyes:

Should add these into the "curvy" photoset for a more representative selection...

And move Pixie Lott into the skinny section :yes:
Original post by suncake
I know that. But if you post photos of some clearly unhealthily thin women and label it "skinny", and post photos of slim, toned + healthy looking "curvy" women, which do you think people will pick? :rolleyes:

Should add these into the "curvy" photoset for a more representative selection...

You're missing my point. Curvy doesn't mean overweight. It means hourglass shape with narrow waist and wide hips. Pixie Lott is slim (slim is not the same as skinny) but she probably has an hourglass figure. It's not about the weight but the shape. You can be very slim and still have an hourglass figure and thus be "curvy".
(edited 11 years ago)
wow, i can see you really hate pixie lott!

i would say pixie is slim/normal rather than curvy though!

most of these women are very beautiful in their own way, both those in the "skinny" category and those in the "curvy" category.

i would also remove vikkie B, misha and ange from the skinny category because they are unhealthily thin, and you can be healthy and beautiful, yet naturally skinny.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by suncake

Original post by suncake

sorry but curvy does not mean fat, you have completely the wrong idea. skinny are the ones in the top section, curvy can still have low body fat, they just have more pronounced hips/bust and smaller waist in comparison.
Original post by suncake

I think I speak for many guys when I say an intermediate is the most desired body type, the original skinny girls are too thin, the quoted curvy girls are too large, the original curvy girls are closest to an optimum. But if asked between the original skinny girls and quoted curvy girls I would go for the skinny girls though that bits just my opinion.
Original post by callmemorbid
pixie lott is skinny... the curvy section should be labelled slim

Nigella Lawson would probably be labeled as curvy by most people:

as would Holly:

and probably Kelly Brook too:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by desdemonata
You're missing my point. Curvy doesn't mean overweight. It means hourglass shape with narrow waist and wide hips. Pixie Lott is slim (slim is not the same as skinny) but she probably has an hourglass figure. It's not about the weight but the shape. You can be very slim and still have an hourglass figure and thus be "curvy".

I don't think I am. I know it doesn't, but the women I posted are also curvy. If guys say they prefer the 'curvy' set, that might be because it only presents the ideal of slim AND curvy, so why not chuck a few slightly larger curvy women in there to take away that bias? :smile:

Original post by Bellissima
sorry but curvy does not mean fat, you have completely the wrong idea. skinny are the ones in the top section, curvy can still have low body fat, they just have more pronounced hips/bust and smaller waist in comparison.

See above.

Not going to reply further, it's too late fo dis shizzle *bows out*
(edited 11 years ago)

this was exactly my point, curvy does not actually mean 'fat' it means when someone has curves, usually when they have a low waist to hip ratio (small waist with larger hips in comparison) but for some reason, some people just assume atoumatically that if a woman is 'curvy' she has to be undesirable or whatever and if she is, then she has to be labelled as skinny too.
Original post by suncake
I don't think I am. I know it doesn't, but the women I posted are also curvy. If guys say they prefer the 'curvy' set, that might be because it only presents the ideal of slim AND curvy, so why not chuck a few slightly larger curvy women in there to take away that bias? :smile:

See above.

Curvy is usually known as someone have a low waist to hip ratio (small waist with large hips) wheras the examples you posted seem to have a higher waist to hip ratio. There's nothing wrong with the examples you posted, I just don't know if they would be classified as being curvy.
Original post by suncake

See above.

the first picture you posted is impossible to tell because of her flattering and enhancing pose. the second one is NOT curvy, please just look at the bust:hips:waist ratio.... if she lost weight she would have a body more similar to the "skinny" girls... not "curvy".
Original post by suncake

Most of them definitely don't look skinny to me... they look a pretty healthy weight to me, the difference from the "skinny women" is noticeable. "Curvy" isn't a synonym for fat/overweight or chubby, and slim is NOT the same as skinny.
(edited 11 years ago)
Strong woman logic ITT. You can be both slim and have curves. Curves, as defined by fat chicks in denial, are simply rolls of fat.

A woman with an hourglass figure will have said figure regardless of whether she's slim, thick, or decidedly chunky.

That being said, I would berry my dick so far in Pixie Lott's sugar walls whoever pulled me out would be crowned king arthur.
Reply 17
Original post by philistine
That being said, I would berry my dick so far in Pixie Lott's sugar walls whoever pulled me out would be crowned king arthur.

LOL.

*Googles Pixie Lott*
Reply 18
Threads like these make me hate my gender, you make us sound so pathetic. There is no definitive answer to this question, within limits we all like a wide range of different physiques.

Some like slim, some like skinny, some like curvy, some like chubby, some like lean and athletic, some like them strong and sturdy and some like them normal.
Reply 19
Original post by beansontoast93
Curvy is usually known as someone have a low waist to hip ratio (small waist with large hips) wheras the examples you posted seem to have a higher waist to hip ratio. There's nothing wrong with the examples you posted, I just don't know if they would be classified as being curvy.

the first picture you posted is impossible to tell because of her flattering and enhancing pose. the second one is NOT curvy, please just look at the bust:hips:waist ratio.... if she lost weight she would have a body more similar to the "skinny" girls... not "curvy".

Original post by justinawe
Most of them definitely don't look skinny to me... they look a pretty healthy weight to me, the difference from the "skinny women" is noticeable. "Curvy" isn't a synonym for fat/overweight or chubby, and slim is NOT the same as skinny.

I was merely illustrating the fact that you can have skinny curvy women (like the OP posted) and larger curvy women, like the ones I posted. And I would say that skinny is a synonym for slim, so clearly everyone has different perceptions of what these stupid labels mean, therefore there is no real point in asking questions like this because all you'll get is a jumble of conflicting answers and opinions :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest