The Student Room Group

Wetherspoons- Full time/part time?

Hi everyone,

I want to apply for a job at wetherspoons- but all the jobs they've got near me are full time and I only want part-time- because of uni.

I have heard that its hard to initially get a full-time job with Wetherspoons anyway?

Should I apply anyway and then at interview say I can only do part-time?
Reply 1
Hiya, I've just started working part time at Wetherspoons (on my third week :biggrin: )

I applied for a part time vacancy so I'm not 100% sure but I'd suggest either going into the actual pub and asking the manager if they'd accept a part time application or just popping it in the extra section in the online application.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
ok, thanks, might be worth a try
Reply 3
Only apply for the full-time positions if you'd be willing to do full-time hours around your uni committments (eg if you'd be happy to be in several evenings and all weekend). They advertise them as full-time for a reason. When they want part-time staff they do advertise for them and you can keep checking to apply when they upload such positions.
There is no point applying for full time if you can't work full time because they will give you 40 odd hours a week if you are full time, even around the times you say you can't work. Plus my spoons won't higher someone if they give way too many 'I can't work x, y and z' restrictions.

May as well wait for part time.
Reply 5
Original post by StacFace
Only apply for the full-time positions if you'd be willing to do full-time hours around your uni committments (eg if you'd be happy to be in several evenings and all weekend). They advertise them as full-time for a reason. When they want part-time staff they do advertise for them and you can keep checking to apply when they upload such positions.

Do you work at wetherspoons?
Reply 6
Original post by Elissabeth
Do you work at wetherspoons?

Nope, applied for a few part-time positions across 3 of their pubs but was rejected, now working for KFC instead.
Reply 7
Here is my story.

I have applied for one Wetherspoon pub part-time. I have received email next day that I'm successful and that they want to take interview. Sounds great, right? So I went to that pub, but somehow I WAS LATE FOR 30 MINUTES :biggrin: so expected nothing at all first of all, but manager still took interview from me. After interview he told me that I look like right person to work here and he invited me to come for trial run. Can you believe that? I was late 30 minutes and they still let me through next stage.

So I come next day for trial run. This time I came early like 5:45 pm and my trial had to start at 6 pm. I met a manager and he told me to sit and wait. Fine I guess.. So its 6pm, getting a little nervous because my trial should start soon. 6:15 pm nothing, 6:30 pm still waiting, 6:45 pm still waiting and got really pissed. at 7:00 pm came to me somebody from the staff and he asked me what Im doing here because I look liked like weird guy doing nothing for 1 hour. I told him that I was here for trial and I followed him. We went to one room and I met a real manager and I was like wtf, where is that other guy who took interview from me. He told me that he doesn't know what I'm talking about but he agreed that they need a member and offered me a trial. I was pissed but I accepted. So I met other guy who told me what to do etc, looked like really good guy. So I made my trial for 3 hours. They asked me if I need any 5 minutes break or I want a drink during my trial but I refused, I was working really hard and fast those 3 hours because it was friday evening. After my trial they told me that they will call me at monday if I get job but didn't get any.. Feeling so pissed and confused right now.. :frown:
Reply 8
They advertise for 'Full time' positions for a reason. They separately advertise for 'Part time' positions. Having said that, I would contact them still to ask if they have anything suitable for you before wasting there time
Reply 9
Original post by Elissabeth
Hi everyone,

I want to apply for a job at wetherspoons- but all the jobs they've got near me are full time and I only want part-time- because of uni.

I have heard that its hard to initially get a full-time job with Wetherspoons anyway?

Should I apply anyway and then at interview say I can only do part-time?

i am looking for partime job
Reply 10
Excellent

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending