The Student Room Group

Wetherspoons first shift

Hey - so I had my interview for wetherspoons about a month ago and my induction was last week. I now have my first shift tomorrow 5pm-10pm and I’m really nervous. I have worked in a farm shop but never in a pub / bar before so I just wanted to know what to expect... I’m worried I’ll be slow and useless :’D how is the support? Will I just be chucked in at the deep end! Thanks guys
Original post by Sloan17
Hey - so I had my interview for wetherspoons about a month ago and my induction was last week. I now have my first shift tomorrow 5pm-10pm and I’m really nervous. I have worked in a farm shop but never in a pub / bar before so I just wanted to know what to expect... I’m worried I’ll be slow and useless :’D how is the support? Will I just be chucked in at the deep end! Thanks guys

First of all , congrats on the new job !

Now , first days are always nerve wracking, no matter how many jobs you’ve had !

I’ve never worked for Wetherspoons , but in order to get the most out of all their staff, companies do tend to train people and spend time with them to help them learn. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and listen to the training , you’ll be a dab hand in no time !

Good luck xz
Reply 2
Original post by Supernova36
First of all , congrats on the new job !

Now , first days are always nerve wracking, no matter how many jobs you’ve had !

I’ve never worked for Wetherspoons , but in order to get the most out of all their staff, companies do tend to train people and spend time with them to help them learn. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and listen to the training , you’ll be a dab hand in no time !

Good luck xz

Thank you, I just don’t want to look like an idiot! I’m probably over thinking it but I’m worried they’re going to leave me to fend for myself haha!
Reply 3
How did it go, I've got mine next week super nervous.
Reply 4
Original post by jxckwba
How did it go, I've got mine next week super nervous.

mine is next week too ! how was yours? im bricking it lol
Reply 5
It went really well! Got the job and have been there for about a month now. As long as your calm and have done your research on the spoons you'll be fine 😁
Reply 6
Original post by jxckwba
It went really well! Got the job and have been there for about a month now. As long as your calm and have done your research on the spoons you'll be fine 😁

that's great to hear i'm glad it's going well for you, thank u :smile:
Original post by jxckwba

how long do you have to wait until they start paying you from your interview?
Reply 8
Original post by lifeofpablo1
how long do you have to wait until they start paying you from your interview?

You get payed straight away on your first shift! E learning is payable as well as I'm guessing you'll have a bunch of it when you start

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending