The Student Room Group

Tuition fees

Hi, I would like to start studying again however I have claimed student finance in the past. I studied for 2 years and would like to start. 3 year course in September. What are my
Options? I am 32 years old. Looking to study at Leeds or Arden university with mixed of home and at campus study. Thanks. Monika
Hi Monika. What is the name of the new course you are looking to study? Is this Full Time or Part Time? Thanks - David
Reply 2
Original post by David SLC
Hi Monika. What is the name of the new course you are looking to study? Is this Full Time or Part Time? Thanks - David
It is psychology course full time at Leeds Beckett university
Hi Niebojm,

Thank you for confirming. Psychology is only treated as an exception to previous study rules if you are part time. If you are taking on a new full time course, your 2 years previous study is taken into account, therefore it is likely you will need to self fund the Tuition Fees in year 1 of the new course.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Hi Clare, thank you for your reply.

So, if it was a part time course I would be eligible for a funding? Or it wouldn’t matter, because I studied completely different course in the past?
If so, is there any other types of funding for adults? Thanks, Monika
Hi Niebojm,

If it was a part time Psychology course you would be eligible for funding for the full course as it is a part time exception. We do take into account all full time previous study for this course if you are planning to study it full time. This is the only type of funding we have available for this course.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 6
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Niebojm,

If it was a part time Psychology course you would be eligible for funding for the full course as it is a part time exception. We do take into account all full time previous study for this course if you are planning to study it full time. This is the only type of funding we have available for this course.

Thanks,
Calum
Thank you Calum.

Would I be also eligible for a maintenance course with studying part time?
Hi Niebojm,

Yes, would would be eligible for a part time maintenance loan unless you are distance learning

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending