The Student Room Group

Language Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Duck and Cover
I think the whole language society should just hire a minibus and GO :cool: Like Max and Paddy (half way there :wink:!) Aah I'm so witty :redface:

Where though? We all do loads of different languages...
:eek:
Euro trip!
Oh and by minibus I obviously mean one of those VW hippy busses :cool:
Reply 782
Duck and Cover
Oh and by minibus I obviously mean one of those VW hippy busses :cool:

Duh what else would we trek in?:rolleyes:
paddylad
Where though? We all do loads of different languages...
:eek:
Euro trip!

:biggrin: i'm a willing :smile:
Reply 784
paddylad
I swear, that company should pay me for all the publicity I generate for them:rolleyes:
I did the intensive course, which isn't as bad as it sounds believe me! It's actually not bad vlue for money when you figure that I was getting the same tuition time each day in Malaga as a whole week at my school! I went for just two weeks as my friend had to go to Portugal later that summer. It was really good I thought, I mean we were always talking in Spanish in lessons and there are a fair amount of extracurricular activities organised by the company (you have to pay, but it's not too expensive and they even did things like weekends in morocco). You also get to stay with a family, which can improve your Spanish looooaaaads if you use the opportunity (I hardly ever saw mine, but that was just because I stayed out quite late and left fairly early, and when I came back during the day they were at work/school).
You also get to meet tons of new people from all over the world; my roommate was Lebanese and a classmate I got on really well with was American!
My favourite colour is dark red:smile:
What's yours? :hmmm:

It's still pretty expensive, I mean the 3 month Madrid thing is a £300 one-off payment... and I have about... £300 atm lol! Working on that though... and maybe I could go around my extended family asking for donations...
The intensive course isn't much more, it's just when you add another week it seems to shoot up in price...
I don't have a favourite colour :eek: Though I quite like purple, one wall of my room is a very nice rich purple in fact...
Reply 785
Anyway I must be off, it's late and I'm freakin hot!
Night fellow langers, don't make reservations for trips without me!
Aurevoir/buenas noches/dosvedanya:cool:
Ronove
It's still pretty expensive, I mean the 3 month Madrid thing is a £300 one-off payment... and I have about... £300 atm lol! Working on that though... and maybe I could go around my extended family asking for donations...
The intensive course isn't much more, it's just when you add another week it seems to shoot up in price...
I don't have a favourite colour :eek: Though I quite like purple, one wall of my room is a very nice rich purple in fact...

like aubergine or grape?
Reply 787
Yes? Or am I supposed to pick lol! It has a sort of subtle shimmery effect too in the light, looks a bit velvety in normal light... it's lovely. :biggrin:
Ronove
Yes? Or am I suppose to pick lol! It has a sort of subtle shimmery effect too in the light, looks a bit velvety in normal light... it's lovely. :biggrin:

nice :smile: i love dark colours in bedrooms its really relaxing :smile:
Reply 789
It's great... beats the lilac and LIME GREEN I used to have... oh dear...
Anyway, I have to get up to wash my hair and learn lines and crap for summer school tomorrow... also gehe ich ins Bett!
Ronove
It's great... beats the lilac and LIME GREEN I used to have... oh dear...
Anyway, I have to get up to wash my hair and learn lines and crap for summer school tomorrow... also gehe ich ins Bett!

oh dear, v. bright:smile:

enjoy summer school :smile:
I'd like to go on a languages summer school ... I need to practice ! :redface:
Reply 792
Ronove

I know, tis not cheap:frown:
Thats why it's my plan B. Plan A is to get job abroad:biggrin:
What kind of job preferably?
Reply 794
Jammertal
What kind of job preferably?

Don't care to be honest! Maybe teaching assisstant if I can, but anything will do, as long as I'll be speaking Spanish I'll be happy:biggrin:
Ooo be a teaching assistant! One of my friend's did it for two weeks for our exchange and by the end of it she could sing the whole WM-SONG fluently :biggrin:

54 74 90 2006/10, ja so stimmen wir allleeeee ein, mit dem Herz in der Hand und der Leidenschaft im Bein werden WIR WELTMEISTER seeeiiiiiin!

EDIT: Actually so can I it seems... :confused:
Lol... reminds me of a great time. :biggrin:
Reply 797
Duck and Cover
Ooo be a teaching assistant! One of my friend's did it for two weeks for our exchange and by the end of it she could sing the whole WM-SONG fluently :biggrin:

54 74 90 2006/10, ja so stimmen wir allleeeee ein, mit dem Herz in der Hand und der Leidenschaft im Bein werden WIR WELTMEISTER seeeiiiiiin!

EDIT: Actually so can I it seems... :confused:

What song is that??!
I know the Calgon add in German though I don't know why...
Vashen masheen liben langer mit Calgon! (no I dont know how to spell anything german:redface:)
Computer says nein

Or in this case, computer says "Waschmaschinen leben länger mit calgon"

And they have the Calgon ad in Germany :eek: With the tune? :eek: Awesome!
paddylad
What song is that??!
I know the Calgon add in German though I don't know why...
Vashen masheen liben langer mit Calgon! (no I dont know how to spell anything german:redface:)

:rofl: :biggrin:

The song is cool... lyrics to be found here and you can download it for free as an mp3 file.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending