The Student Room Group

Language Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Jammertal
I prefer Tequila. Much more hispanic. :p: Tonight Tequila happy hour at our year group's party...

I had deffo too much of that once and now even when I see the bottle I feel sick :biggrin: After that night I had such a hangover that I had to stay in bed for 3 days and coz I didnt want my grannie (my parents were gone for few days) to know that I drunk too much I told her that I ate sth bad... lol!
Reply 101
:girl: that is how demi moore would look like if she didn't do the face lifting...
lol.. sounds pretty much like my first experience with it: last summer when we were in an English rock bar in Spain, I had to drink all the tequilas of my friends and they got one free for every pint they ordered.

It's now nearly a year and time to recall these days... :cool: :cheers:
kashiya
:girl: that is how demi moore would look like if she didn't do the face lifting...

That's the 50 year old who's married/ will marry Ashton Kutscher lately, right?
Reply 104
my first experience with tequila was when i was 14 and my brother gave me a slammer. i kinda wasnt prepared for it tasting that fowl so i kinda forgot to swallow, and when i opened my mouth to put the lemon in it just came pouring out all over me. :redface:
ohhhhh and my friend was really drunk one time in town and tried to have a shot of tequila out of a big plastic cup. it was not good.
Reply 105
Me gusta tequila. Especially with salt and lemon etc. :biggrin:
Mmmmmmmmmm, :biggrin: this reminds me of work experience in France...well, the nights...!

La petite chute :redface: Kamikaze :cool: ... tequila-shot-thingy...where's the sick smiley :eek:??? Oh well the eek will do!
Seems as if everybody has already made some tequila experiences. :biggrin: Yesterday, no tequila for me, I had to drive. :frown:
Reply 108
Jammertal
That's the 50 year old who's married/ will marry Ashton Kutscher lately, right?

yep tahts demi moore (yuk)

You know "friendship tequila"?
Thats fun esp when you had "a bit" alcohol before. Instead of putting the salt on your hand you put it on the inner part of the elbow of your neighbour...
Tho, I wont be able to do that, I cant stand the look of tequile lol :biggrin:

Shot of tequila from a big cup :biggrin: lol! I have difficulties with drinking a small one. I deffo prefer all those coloured-funny-decorated-with-a-lot-of-alcohol-that-you-don't-taste-drinks
WHen you are in Berlin you deffo have to go to Prenzlauerberg. When I moved from Berlin to Warsaw (7yrs ago) it was still an old and shabby area, but now taht they renovated it it is the best place to go out. There are bars, and restaurants, and cofe (how do you call those places where you order a coffee and a biscuit etc. :biggrin:) and a really good place to get those coloured-funny-decorated-with-a-lot-of-alcohol-that-you-don't-taste-drinks. and they are really cheap if you happen to stay till the happy hour :biggrin:
kashiya
You know "friendship tequila"?
Thats fun esp when you had "a bit" alcohol before. Instead of putting the salt on your hand you put it on the inner part of the elbow of your neighbour...

Ewww, if I think about who sat right next to me in the rock bar. A 40 year-old rocker in leather and smelly.
kashiya
I deffo prefer all those coloured-funny-decorated-with-a-lot-of-alcohol-that-you-don't-taste-drinks
WHen you are in Berlin you deffo have to go to Prenzlauerberg. When I moved from Berlin to Warsaw (7yrs ago) it was still an old and shabby area, but now taht they renovated it it is the best place to go out. There are bars, and restaurants, and cofe (how do you call those places where you order a coffee and a biscuit etc. :biggrin:) and a really good place to get those coloured-funny-decorated-with-a-lot-of-alcohol-that-you-don't-taste-drinks. and they are really cheap if you happen to stay till the happy hour :biggrin:

Your "coloured-funny-decorated-with-a-lot-of-alcohol-that-you-don't-taste-drinks" aka cocktails or sometimes "Alkopops" here are really, really good. I love them. And we actually were out in a cocktail bar in Prenzlauer Berg with a happy hour when we were on our school trip back in January. :biggrin: *wants to go back*
Reply 110
Jammertal
Ewww, if I think about who sat right next to me in the rock bar. A 40 year-old rocker in leather and smelly.

Your "coloured-funny-decorated-with-a-lot-of-alcohol-that-you-don't-taste-drinks" aka cocktails or sometimes "Alkopops" here are really, really good. I love them. And we actually were out in a cocktail bar in Prenzlauer Berg with a happy hour when we were on our school trip back in January. :biggrin: *wants to go back*

which one was it? (which bar?)
Reply 111
But I promised myself to eat proper healthy food coz I read an article about why Japanese women for such a long time (much longer than Europeans not speaking about Americans) look so young. And it was written that it is so because of their diet - a lot of fish, soja (which contains female testosterone) and green tea. So I decided to change my diet... And I alcohol is just so unhealthy :biggrin:
kashiya
But I promised myself to eat proper healthy food coz I read an article about why Japanese women for such a long time (much longer than Europeans not speaking about Americans) look so young. And it was written that it is so because of their diet - a lot of fish, soja (which contains female testosterone) and green tea. So I decided to change my diet... And I alcohol is just so unhealthy :biggrin:

I think I should too, to be honest. I'm planning to live healthily for the next year or so. Walking from halls to campus every day, actually cooking healthy food, that kind of thing. I'm not the kind of person who counts calories though - that's a simplistic and pretty silly way of looking at health. I tend to think, the more varied the better. And I only drink about once every fortnight or so anyway, and then not more than three or four pints.
And if somebody comes up with your argument kashiya, I always point to other articles that stress the completely different genoms of Europeans and Asians, hence you can live in the same way as they do and it's not guaranteed that it'll have the same effect on you. And fish = cadmium. :p:

However, I quite like the Mediterran (I bet it's spelt wrong) diet: fish, tomatos, fresh fruits and red wine every day. Tasty and healthy.
Jammertal
And if somebody comes up with your argument kashiya, I always point to other articles that stress the completely different genoms of Europeans and Asians.

They're not that different, though - they're 99.9% the same, if not even moreso.
Argh, Biology! Perhaps genom was the wrong word, but anyway: it's obvious that we are different (not to judge from the outward appearance of the "molecular thingies" though ) and the fact that we've adapted for thousands of years to different diets can't be denied.
Jammertal
Argh, Biology! Perhaps genom was the wrong word, but anyway: it's obvious that we are different (not to judge from the outward appearance of the "molecular thingies" though ) and the fact that we've adapted for thousands of years to different diets can't be denied.

True, but I would say that diet probably is a factor. It's 'genome', by the way. with an 'e'. Your English is embarassingly good, though. It puts both my French and my German to shame.
:redface: Thank you. :smile: But there's still a lot to do if I want to get half-decent grades at uni.

Diet definitely is a factor, but how exactly and to what exetnt it influences the life expactancy is debatle. Eating burgers, smoking and drinking won't be positive in any case though.
Reply 118
Has anyone seen 'Supersize Me'? I watched it for the first time the other day, and :puke:
I didn't like fast food before I watched it, but now I'd rather starve than eat there.
Yep, but that I had some chicken nuggets yesterday. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending