The Student Room Group

Changing university choices

Hi,

I planned on living at home therefore my university choices are nearby. I rushed into the process and chose my firm and insurance choices.

However, I now want to attend Lancaster university but preferably not through clearing and adjustment, because of the high risk that places may not be available.

Would it be possible for me to get in contact with my two chosen universities and asking them to withdraw the offer.

If this were too happen, what steps would I take in order to a secure a conditional offer from my desired university.

Thanks.
Reply 1
bump
I don't think anything can be done unfortunately. But Lancaster does usually have places in clearing if that helps. You'll have to call up and ask just to be completely sure.
Reply 3
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
I don't think anything can be done unfortunately. But Lancaster does usually have places in clearing if that helps. You'll have to call up and ask just to be completely sure.

Would it be possible phoning them up and asking for them secure me a place for clearing. Putting me kind of first on the list if a place did erase?

And thanks for the reply
Original post by Maths94
Would it be possible phoning them up and asking for them secure me a place for clearing. Putting me kind of first on the list if a place did erase?

And thanks for the reply

You have to phone the universities you firmed and insured and get them to release you. You then need to apply via Extra, but you can only apply if there are places available for the course and university you are applying to.

There is no guarantee that Lancaster will be in Extra or Clearing, and you cannot ask them to put you on the 'top of a list' for clearing.
Reply 5
Original post by Knalchemist
You have to phone the universities you firmed and insured and get them to release you. You then need to apply via Extra, but you can only apply if there are places available for the course and university you are applying to.

There is no guarantee that Lancaster will be in Extra or Clearing, and you cannot ask them to put you on the 'top of a list' for clearing.

I know that there are places on the course available. So it's as easy as ringing both of my offers up and asking them if they'll release me. Then I can apply for Lancaster? I have the grades and spots are available.
Original post by Maths94

I know that there are places on the course available. So it's as easy as ringing both of my offers up and asking them if they'll release me. Then I can apply for Lancaster? I have the grades and spots are available.

You can apply yes, but only once both your firm and insurance have released you. You'll have to apply via Extra. You have to phone lancaster before applying though, to see if they will consider you as you're applying late - they may say no, but in most cases they will at least consider your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending