The Student Room Group

Unstyled Hair Pictures

I will be getting a haircut/restyle soon, and my hairdresser has asked me to show her some pictures of the sort of cut that I want. However when looking online all I seem to find are pictures of hairstyle models with loads of product, lighting and hair that is weirdly blown out in ways that nobody would ever wear in real life. You can't tell which is the cut and which is the hours-long styling session. It's driving me nuts!

Does anyone else have this problem? Or can anyone recommend sites which show just the cut in its natural state, not styled and tweaked for hours, like a normal every-day person would wear their hair?

For the record I have very thick, wavy hair which I want to get cut to just about chin length with lots of layers.
Reply 1
Yeah, it's very annoying. I think hair magazines are useless because like you say, majority of the haircuts are professionally styled with fancy lighting and stuff that normal people just wouldn't do. I would find pictures of celebrities with hair that I liked and bring those to my hairdresser. Not ideal because they still have stylists on hand and all that, but the styles weren't as crazy as they are in magazines.
I used pinterest when looking for mine. These are still probably style a little, but I think they look fairly natural. May not be short enough for what you want though?
http://pinterest.com/pin/44824958763751260/
http://pinterest.com/pin/44824958763679577/
That first style is gorgeous, I might get that done now xD

So ty!
Reply 4
Ooh I have a Pinterest! That's actually a really good idea. I will have to use it more often, thanks! The bottom left on the second picture seems pretty close to what I want, only with a fringe and my hair is 10x thicker lol. Thanks for the tip! Really helpful :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HmMusic
Ooh I have a Pinterest! That's actually a really good idea. I will have to use it more often, thanks! The bottom left on the second picture seems pretty close to what I want, only with a fringe and my hair is 10x thicker lol. Thanks for the tip! Really helpful :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

She has great hair, I love the bottom-right corner style in the 4-picture.
Reply 6
That one is pretty spot on too - didn't notice at first as it was darker than the others. Might use those if I can't find anything closer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest