The Student Room Group

GCSE teacher had meltdown over drawings in mock paper

Hi guys,

I drew some pictures in my GCSE paper (they weren't inappropriate at all) and now my teacher is having a meltdown.

He's saying he's going to show my parents and report it to SLT because I was "wasting time" on those pictures rather than the questions... even though I was done with the paper.

What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Derxert
Hi guys,

I drew some pictures in my GCSE paper (they weren't inappropriate at all) and now my teacher is having a meltdown.

He's saying he's going to show my parents and report it to SLT because I was "wasting time" on those pictures rather than the questions... even though I was done with the paper.

What do I do?

If you doodle in the actual exam paper it could be seen as misconduct. You should face the consequences of your actions because it is technically misconduct.
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
If you doodle in the actual exam paper it could be seen as misconduct. You should face the consequences of your actions because it is technically misconduct.

I drew flowers in my actual gcse exams when I was finished and nothing happened
Original post by mxlaika1
I drew flowers in my actual gcse exams when I was finished and nothing happened

It is technically misconduct, you probably got off lucky
Reply 4

I drew on the back, the extra lined pages yk, not on the actual questions etc. They were literally smiley faces and stick people. He's acting as if I drew hentai or something.
Original post by Derxert
I drew on the back, the extra lined pages yk, not on the actual questions etc. They were literally smiley faces and stick people. He's acting as if I drew hentai or something.

It's still misconduct whether you drew it on the back or not. He's within his rights to go to the SLT.

Where does it state in the regs that it’s misconduct? Out of curiosity.

Not sure why people would doodle in an exam in the first place (I definitely didn’t have the time to do that).
Obviously you drew something that was not offensive and you had finished the paper but in the real exam, it won't be the school's decision, it will be down to the exam board and it is best to get into good habits.

And if it is deemed offensive, your grade will be cancelled.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Talkative Toad
Where does it state in the regs that it’s misconduct? Out of curiosity.

Not sure why people would doodle in an exam in the first place (I definitely didn’t have the time to do that).

I'm not exactly sure but I remember in exam briefings we were explicitly told that drawing in the exam could be seen as misconduct
(edited 5 months ago)
I'm not exactly sure but I remember in exam briefings we were explicitly told that drawing in the exam could be seen as misconduct

I see
Reply 11
It's still misconduct whether you drew it on the back or not. He's within his rights to go to the SLT.

imagine reporting someone to slt for doodling. sad
Original post by Derxert
imagine reporting someone to slt for doodling. sad

He may be required to, you did something wrong and you need to accept that

It says write not draw (although drawing could fall under writing) though but I don’t see why you’d want to doodle in an exam anyway, waste of time.
Original post by Talkative Toad
It says write not draw (although drawing could fall under writing) though but I don’t see why you’d want to doodle in an exam anyway, waste of time.

If you drew an inappropriate cartoon that would definitely count. Write/draw is splitting hairs and if the exam board deem it offensive, they have the right to withdraw the candidate from the exam. The exam marker would report it on and would be duty bound to do so as an employer of the exam board.

And I think the waste of time thing is the main reason why the teacher kicked off here though.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 15
Apologise and learn from it. It’s inappropriate but hardly the crime of the century. What grade did you get anyway
Reply 16
Original post by Zarek
Apologise and learn from it. It’s inappropriate but hardly the crime of the century. What grade did you get anyway

Haven't gotten it back yet, he just had a go at me.
Reply 17
He may be required to, you did something wrong and you need to accept that

No one else mentioned it and one teacher even complimented the drawings.
Original post by totallyfine
If you drew an inappropriate cartoon that would definitely count. Write/draw is splitting hairs and if the exam board deem it offensive, they have the right to withdraw the candidate from the exam. The exam marker would report it on and would be duty bound to do so as an employer of the exam board.

And I think the waste of time thing is the main reason why the teacher kicked off here though.

Yeah probably
Reply 19
i doodled alot on my real exam papers it doesnt really matter

Quick Reply

Latest