The Student Room Group

is broadway studios legit?

got a call to say i had won a free photoshoot, are they legit?
Reply 1
If you're talking about the one in Wimbledon, I've only heard bad things. Nothing is really free, the chances are, what you get for free will be useless. The company itself is all about bums on seats. Quantity over quality. They'll pressure you to cough up extra for anything worthwhile. How do I know this? My GF used to work here as a makeup artist. The makeup artists are paid peanuts for high throughput. There's nothing in it for them to put a lot of effort into the service. Don't get me wrong, they're not bad makeup artists, they're just not going to give you a £80 makeup. You get what you pay for. So if you want to give it a go, treat it as a day out rather than quality service. Generally there's not a lot of professionalism to be found there, but there are a few good members of staff. If you're lucky, you may get served by them.
(edited 4 years ago)
When you pay your 25.00 booking fee they have your card details. Not sure this place is for real did ring local. Photographers who said it's expensive. Yes they airbrushed my photos but honestly the room where you have your photos was tatty. I had a jkt in the changing room to cover my arms no time just photo after photo. I liked a few but most of them didn't look flattering. Be careful the three free photos cannot be enlarged but they want money from you. But I did read you can walk away on a Groupon deal so remember don't be pushed into something you don't feel happy about
Don't use their services! Unprofessional! We paid big money and received really bad quality pictures (with cracks and flaws of the studio, with photoshop mistakes)! Letter from Customer service: stop writing we are not going to answer any of your emails, you signed a contract and that's it...Seriously?!?!? This is customer service? So disappointed!They don't care about you, your opinion or that you feeling frustrated about the picture quality, they care just about how to get your money. And even pushing you to buy during the day(but according to terms and conditions “We operate a No Pressure sales policy” is a lie)! During the visit they were friendly and all looked ok, as it was our first
Be careful you go along there have makeup and hair done. Three to four hours later a photos hoot mine was OK alot of my photos weren't yo my liking. The three photos they offer for free are not worth having for dome reason you don't get the choice. They will try and sell you as many photos as they can. Just remember you can walk away
I went months ago four hours having my hair and make up done. Then loads of photos most of them were not that good. At the end of the day you simply want to get out and go home. Now for the hard sell we can air brush this and that. What about my three free photos we'll they are not worth having. Stay away from them
I've been there the three free photos we're not given to me. Told me they are not worth having. Stay away unless you want to pay fortunes for digital prints.
I worked there. Sorry to hear this. The lies and deceit is awful... They lie to every customer. The deposit is NOT fully refundable they take £10 from it to keep either way as it is for “admin fees” for the 1 free printed photo you get. They do try to pressure you into buying pictures I have heard. Worst job I have ever worked, we were not told about any of the darker side to it, we were told a light and fun side to it. Lies upon Lies. I feel disgusted for working at that company. I think it is wrong that they did not do anything about the ruined pictures, but they say they do not keep any as “they take over 20,000 pictures per month” LOL... waste of time to go.
Reply 8
What happens if you stop paying your monthly payments?
I stopped paying about 3 year ago ... every so often then send me a text or an email demanding I pay them within 14 days ... sometimes 7, or they will take the matter to court .... quite a few ‘14 days’ later and still nothing, although I did receive an email the other day actually of them ‘offering to help where they can’ and offering me 50% off of the £350 I owe them as they understand these are ‘trying times’! Again with a threat of court if I wasn’t to send them them discounted about by a set date and alerting me that court would affect my credit rating ‘in a time where good credit is more important than ever’! Loool sounds to me like they just want money from anyone in any way or means necessary... I have no intentions on paying anything
Reply 10
I would also love to know as I received a call too. I did enter the
How did this turn out? I’d love to stop paying too cuz they scammed me big time.

Original post by Crystaless
I stopped paying about 3 year ago ... every so often then send me a text or an email demanding I pay them within 14 days ... sometimes 7, or they will take the matter to court .... quite a few ‘14 days’ later and still nothing, although I did receive an email the other day actually of them ‘offering to help where they can’ and offering me 50% off of the £350 I owe them as they understand these are ‘trying times’! Again with a threat of court if I wasn’t to send them them discounted about by a set date and alerting me that court would affect my credit rating ‘in a time where good credit is more important than ever’! Loool sounds to me like they just want money from anyone in any way or means necessary... I have no intentions on paying anything
The picture and the photographer are amazing But I feel the company does scam with the free session. It tells you it's free but then charges huge amount for digital print which I think needs to be told before. Their booking team members and agents especially like Reuben - booking agent and Craig McClelland
who unfortunately is the head of Client Services, himself! trys to twist words and take money from you and if you don't give then they can even call you theif and weird names! I was promised that I will get free digital copies then they charged me heavily. Craig even yelled at me!!! So if you wanna do the photoshoot be ready to pay massively. I wrote all this on their Instagram account and they blocked me from saying the truth. When does a company blocks your reviews when it's a SCAM! And also they tried to remove my review from the Trustpilot review website and other review websites because I stated their management team names -
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending