The Student Room Group

Are you an Arts student or a Science student?

Poll

Are you an Arts student or a Science student?

I just wanted to see the composition of university students (or students to be) on TSR and see how representative they are of the UK.

Currently there are around 1,147,000 students enrolled in full time higher education. Just shy of 60% of these are arts students doing a Ba, whilst the remainder, 40%, are science students doing a Bsc.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm a (prospective) physicist with an interest in linguistics. Hmm... science it is.
Biologist here :smile:
Reply 3
English

Currently ~30% arts and ~70% science, contrasting sharply with the wider proportions you have given. Very interesting!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Tuerin
English

Currently ~30% arts and ~70% science, contrasting sharply with the wider proportions you have given. Very interesting!

Yes I thought it'd be more balanced than it is, but wasn't expecting a majority of arts students.

I really don't know why everyone who has replied has been negged though :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Law here... Not sure where I fit in with Science or Art. Wheres the Humanities option!?
Medical student in September :smile:
Original post by discomposure
Biologist here :smile:

lol I love that someone felt the need to neg this
Reply 8
You need more options.
Original post by Rybee
Law here... Not sure where I fit in with Science or Art. Wheres the Humanities option!?

Arts includes Humanities. If it just said Art, you wouldn't be either :smile:
I'm doing an Open degree...it could end up being either! If it is I have to choose which one I want...:eek:
Original post by xxSherlockxx
Medical student in September :smile:

an art AND a science :ahee:
Social sciences here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Might not count because I'm an access student (further, not higher ed), but I'm a science student.
Im studying an MSc but I do spend a lot of time doodling in lectures.
Modern Languages in September so Arts it is.
Reply 16
Chemistry here :^_^:
I'm Fine Art and History of Art, Art and Humanities, so a proper Arts student :smile:
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
lol I love that someone felt the need to neg this

Aha I know, it broke my heart :p:
Genetics :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending