The Student Room Group

UK-German Connection Scholarship

Scroll to see replies

Original post by languagenerd
It's cool you guys are going on the trip you wanted :smile: I'm going on the other one, 11th-25th to Brandenburg, is anyone else? Also, glad your exam went well - I have my first oral next Friday, aaah! :s-smilie:

Hiya! My friend from school is going on the 11th-25th trip, were both a bit nervous now as w're hoping to be on the same one! Bit nervewracking! Aargh good luck I'm sure it'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
yeah it doesn't matter that we won't know anyone, we'll all make friends (I hope!)
Original post by N3rdbu
yeah it doesn't matter that we won't know anyone, we'll all make friends (I hope!)

Haha yeah I hope so too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
How did everyone find the exam? Also... Did anyone else get an email about a forum today?
Original post by Stanners95
How did everyone find the exam? Also... Did anyone else get an email about a forum today?

Found it alright I think! Grammar section was a little tougher than usual and pretty sure I mucked up my essay but listening and reading was okay I hope! Are you on AQA? I did the alcohol question :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by Morgenmuffel96
Found it alright I think! Grammar section was a little tougher than usual and pretty sure I mucked up my essay but listening and reading was okay I hope! Are you on AQA? I did the alcohol question :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, AQA. I also did the alcohol essay and i thought it was fairly straightforward... much better than the marriage one. The only thing it I didn't mention anything to do with "Alkohol ist die schlimmste Droge". The listening was quite tricky. Luckily my oral wasn't too bad yesterday so I think I did quite well on the whole :smile:
Yeah, AQA. I also did the alcohol essay and i thought it was fairly straightforward... much better than the marriage one. The only thing it I didn't mention anything to do with "Alkohol ist die schlimmste Droge". The listening was quite tricky. Luckily my oral wasn't too bad yesterday so I think I did quite well on the whole :smile:

What points did you make? :smile: I found the exercise about the ski villages a little strange! And I'm sure you have, good luck! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
What points did you make? :smile: I found the exercise about the ski villages a little strange! And I'm sure you have, good luck! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, I completely forgot about cheap booze... but I made the following points:

Paragraph 1) Alcohol is dangerous
Paragraph 2) More people are becoming addicted, and their relationships with people suffer as a result
Paragraph 3) Only a small minority of people actually abuse alcohol
Paragraph 4) We should have the freedom to drink and do unhealthy things should we want to.
Well, I completely forgot about cheap booze... but I made the following points:

Paragraph 1) Alcohol is dangerous
Paragraph 2) More people are becoming addicted, and their relationships with people suffer as a result
Paragraph 3) Only a small minority of people actually abuse alcohol
Paragraph 4) We should have the freedom to drink and do unhealthy things should we want to.

Those are really good points haha I think I just put i agreed with the statement and talked about how accessible alcohol is, and then how people are influenced more to drink than to do other drugs, and about how the effects of over consumption are essentially worse because they're more wide spread :smile: then I did a paragraph agreeing with the stricter control of alcohol and mentioned that prices should be increased, although I'm not sure how relevant that was!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Those are really good points haha I think I just put i agreed with the statement and talked about how accessible alcohol is, and then how people are influenced more to drink than to do other drugs, and about how the effects of over consumption are essentially worse because they're more wide spread :smile: then I did a paragraph agreeing with the stricter control of alcohol and mentioned that prices should be increased, although I'm not sure how relevant that was!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really relevant, I'm surprised it just never popped into my head... it's that obvious :biggrin: I dunno whether my German was any good though :wink: Also, I never engaged with the statement about drugs, dya reckon I'll be punished for it?
That's really relevant, I'm surprised it just never popped into my head... it's that obvious :biggrin: I dunno whether my German was any good though :wink: Also, I never engaged with the statement about drugs, dya reckon I'll be punished for it?

Oh god same, I didn't feel like my German was at a high enough level :') and nah it should be fine, as long as you said why it was bad or good then you're answering the question, cos all it asked for was a reaction to the idea :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending