The Student Room Group

TSR Muscle Building Society For Men V8

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BKS
Any thoughts on what's with the weird horizontal movement I've acquired in my squats? No pain or injuries but I've also a bit of odd movement in my (trap bar) deadlift so I'm assuming it's muscle not technique

Several things.

1) Your stance is quite wide and your feet seem to be a bit further out than 45-50 degrees. Move in a bit closer to shoulder width and rotate your feet inwards slightly closer to 35-40 degrees from centre. Focus on your knees spreading out in the same plane as you go down.
2) It seems like your bar path isn't very straight at all
3) Stop looking at the ceiling when you squat, neutral gaze
4) Stop using the California grip and move to Olympic style - an imbalanced load will transmit to your hips and knees
5) Drop the weight and focus on form or you will hurt yourself as your current form is dangerous

Neutral position should look like this:

And in the hole you should be looking straight ahead and your feet shouldn't be at like almost 60 degrees:

(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by HopefulAgony37
How do I not believe you?? 🤨

Because you are a child

Good to knowww! I’ll fire one off right now mateyyyy! :pirate3:

Lit brah. Keep fleek, badman
Original post by Angry cucumber
Because you are a child

Umm, because you’re full of it and I’m ousting you?!? Yeahhhh, let’s go with that..

Lit brah. Keep fleek, badman

1). I’m always fleek. You can feel free to take notes on my “fleekness” . From what I’ve seen, you probably won’t be able to keep up, but you can certainly try, little man.
2). You are, without a single doubt in my mind, the ANGRIEST G.D. Cucumber I’ve ever seen! Holy f*ck!
1). I’m always fleek. You can feel free to take notes on my “fleekness” . From what I’ve seen, you probably won’t be able to keep up, but you can certainly try, little man.
2). You are, without a single doubt in my mind, the ANGRIEST G.D. Cucumber I’ve ever seen! Holy f*ck!

Pls provide evidence of being ousted
Pls provide evidence I am little
Y u mad at me brah. You mirin, jelly or mad at me brah
I ain't angry, I am a cucumber
Pls provide evidence of being ousted
Pls provide evidence I am little
Y u mad at me brah. You mirin, jelly or mad at me brah
I ain't angry, I am a cucumber

Thank you for your exceptional and delayed response. I am so glad it took you 72 hours to come up with such GOLD. So let’s answer your questions because you seem a little lost. That’s ok, I’ll make it extra EASY so that YOU can UNDERSTAND me... ok?!? The evidence is above you. I believe you’re literate, so try re-reading.. if you’re still having issues comprehending, try stopping and taking three deep breaths (it’s ok to count them out). I have no evidence of you being little. Your confidence is the only thing that seems little. Your body is likely not so little, as I’m assuming you haven’t left your mum’s basement in years and further assume she feeds you well. I AM “mirin” actually, at the marvel I’ve stumbled across which is YOU... (wowwwww...!!!) You seem angry. You seem to be cucumber-shaped. I will stop myself there. I’ll be back in 72 hours to check for your response. Cheers. :ciao:
Thank you for your exceptional and delayed response. I am so glad it took you 72 hours to come up with such GOLD. So let’s answer your questions because you seem a little lost. That’s ok, I’ll make it extra EASY so that YOU can UNDERSTAND me... ok?!? The evidence is above you. I believe you’re literate, so try re-reading.. if you’re still having issues comprehending, try stopping and taking three deep breaths (it’s ok to count them out). I have no evidence of you being little. Your confidence is the only thing that seems little. Your body is likely not so little, as I’m assuming you haven’t left your mum’s basement in years and further assume she feeds you well. I AM “mirin” actually, at the marvel I’ve stumbled across which is YOU... (wowwwww...!!!) You seem angry. You seem to be cucumber-shaped. I will stop myself there. I’ll be back in 72 hours to check for your response. Cheers. :ciao:

U so mad brah.
Poor troll is poor, not even trying to delve into my history to discover week points.
2/10
Very mad, very no friends, very not getting any
U mad? U mad
U so mad brah.
Poor troll is poor, not even trying to delve into my history to discover week points.
2/10
U mad? U mad

Ohhh wow, you make this too easy. 😂😂 “..discover WEEK points...” didn’t have to “delve” into anything brah-brah, cuz I think you meant WEAK points. Duz yew eben Ingrish?? Ohh the sweet irony of that statement. I’ve had this account for a month and have a few followers and other “friends” if you are referring to this, lil pickle. I’m ok with that progress. But zero ironic-points-against-me, one (at least) ironically ridiculous fail at an insult against me, zero creativity, overly generic comebacks that weren’t good anywayyyy, and not even anything witty. 0/10.. actually, let’s be fair: -1/10 for that monstrous fail.
U so mad brah.
2/10
U mad? U mad

Lmfao I just read this, how did he fall for this **** so hard 😂😂😂
Original post by Sae.HH
Lmfao I just read this, how did he fall for this **** so hard 😂😂😂

Talent :lol:
Man didnt even know this threads still going
Finally making my way out the poverty bench club. Squat 2 hundit, deadlift 222.5 and only bench 112.5.
Hit a new PR 100x5x5 though today. 120 bench soon.
Original post by TSA
Man didnt even know this threads still going
Finally making my way out the poverty bench club. Squat 2 hundit, deadlift 222.5 and only bench 112.5.
Hit a new PR 100x5x5 though today. 120 bench soon.

Bro! Where you been? You need to revive your blog.
Original post by Enginerd.
Bro! Where you been? You need to revive your blog.

Pre registration year, had to go into hibernation, last few months before exam was brutal, was fasting, working 9 to 6 and studying all at the same time so gym took a break. I averaged 90% in the exams so guess it paid off and now I'm a qualified pharmacist, applying to medicine.

Working 7 days a week and going gym every other day at the moment because I'll have to fund medicine myself if I get in and I'm thinking about buying a new car, work isn't that taxing so I can manage fine, making decent progress (financially and physically). The day rest between workouts is making a huge difference, occasionally it turns into a 2 day break between sessions but its all good.

Diet needs some work though, need to start meal prepping. Probably sitting around 80kg at the moment.

But yeah need to get back on the blog. If I can bench 120 or more by december I'm contemplating getting back on the platform for around march or april time and a 550 total is my goal at 74 or 83. Yeah so that's pretty much where I'm at at the moment.

Quick Reply

Latest