The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Law at Surrey University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by NS1234
Hi!! Im starting Surrey this year too :biggrin: i was just wondering if anyone has received any information about reading lists?

Hey :smile: not heard anything from them about reading lists, maybe it would be a good idea to email the Law department.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 21
Original post by Fonzee
Hey :smile: not heard anything from them about reading lists, maybe it would be a good idea to email the Law department.

I have just contacted them :smile:
Reply 22
hey! i'm entering to do law w/ criminology this year. did you hear anything about the reading list because i'm getting a little worried...:s-smilie:
Original post by h0llist3r
hey! i'm entering to do law w/ criminology this year. did you hear anything about the reading list because i'm getting a little worried...:s-smilie:

Hi I'm doing straight law so it should be similar ish . I haven't heard a urging yet either but I remember some one in the forum saying surrey will be sending more emails this week hopefully it'll be more on the reading lift

Also has a one made their surrey it account yet, I made mine but then couldn't get my boarding pass there was some kind of error :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by cyndikinz
Hi I'm doing straight law so it should be similar ish . I haven't heard a urging yet either but I remember some one in the forum saying surrey will be sending more emails this week hopefully it'll be more on the reading lift

Also has a one made their surrey it account yet, I made mine but then couldn't get my boarding pass there was some kind of error :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing Law with International Studies and I've heard nothing from the University about reading lists or anything yet either. People are saying we will be receiving emails and such from them this week but I'm not so sure. I'm going to get on emailing them now and ask everything I need to.
Original post by Fonzee
I'm doing Law with International Studies and I've heard nothing from the University about reading lists or anything yet either. People are saying we will be receiving emails and such from them this week but I'm not so sure. I'm going to get on emailing them now and ask everything I need to.

Hey fellow law buddy ^.^
That's a good idea , ill probably call them tomorrow. Aha i don't trust emailing them it might take a few days before responding .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Hey, just to let you all know i still haven't had a reply to the email i sent them about reading lists. I'm going to call them instead... in the meantime if anyone hears anything about the law reading list and when we're going to receive them please let me know :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by NS1234
Hey, just to let you all know i still haven't had a reply to the email i sent them about reading lists. I'm going to call them instead... in the meantime if anyone hears anything about the law reading list and when we're going to receive them please let me know :smile:

Reading lists really aren't something you need to worry about before you start the course. Once you get there each module will let you know any required/recommended reading material for that module, and most of those will be available in the library anyway (assuming you get there quickly!) so you won't need to buy them all.

I'd be very surprised if there's an actual list you'll receive before you start, as reading lists generally aren't done as a formal requirement for most courses. So don't worry about it now, and just spend the time being excited and getting ready to start uni :smile:.
Reply 28
Original post by Dan1909
Reading lists really aren't something you need to worry about before you start the course. Once you get there each module will let you know any required/recommended reading material for that module, and most of those will be available in the library anyway (assuming you get there quickly!) so you won't need to buy them all.

I'd be very surprised if there's an actual list you'll receive before you start, as reading lists generally aren't done as a formal requirement for most courses. So don't worry about it now, and just spend the time being excited and getting ready to start uni :smile:.

Thank you for the reply, it cleared things up :smile:
Hi,

I realise all of this is from last year, but was just wondering how you are finding the course? I'm really struggling between surrey and the university of law (college of law) which is 5 minutes up the road, do any of you have any advice? Thanks!
Original post by NS1234
Thank you for the reply, it cleared things up :smile:

Hi,

I realise all of this is from last year, but was just wondering how you are finding the course? I'm really struggling between surrey and the university of law (college of law) which is 5 minutes up the road, do any of you have any advice? Thanks!
Hi Alexandrai

Saw your question, glad to hear you're considering studying with The University of Law!

Why don't you check out one of our open days? The open days will provide you with information on the course plus give you a feel for what it will be like studying with us by giving you the opportunity to talk with out tutors and current students. Check out the dates here

Here are a couple of videos you can check out to give you an idea of
what studying with us is like and one on our Guildford centre.

Feel free to contact our admissions team with any questions you may have on 0800 289 997 or email us.

Hope this helps!
hI I WAS WONDERING WHAT YOUR PREDICTED GRADES FOR LAW WHERE? AND WHAT YOU ACHIEVED?
Hi, you guys are probably finishing your degree now..i got an offer from Surrey to start in Sep. could anyone tell me about their experience about studying law at surrey?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending