The Student Room Group

My life is average - the ramblings of a would-be 2013 student

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LucyTheWeird
I am determined to never become an 'adult'. That is why I want to be an academic :biggrin:

Haha so very true, join the peter pan crew!

Original post by Brownie anyone?
My entire family went to the University of Birmingham (I disappointed them all when I declined my offer and went to Exeter instead) and my best friend is just going into her second year of Law there. It is a fantastic University, although I despise the city (I spent many days of high school holidays around the bullring as I didn't live too far).

Aww glad to hear they're enjoying it from real experience :smile: Yeah I understand though, having grown up in Hudd near manchester and leeds (in between) I couldn't have gone to either uni :smile: Have fun at exeter!
Original post by Elcano
It shouldn't... :K:

Lecture theatres are normally no-go zones for assassins.

Haha I will have to refine my technique for assassinations then...I've thought about this way too much...:wink:

More posts to come soon, suggestions are welcome and thanks for the comments :smile:
The great wait...

I have now officially been on holiday and free from sixth form education for four weeks as of tomorrow. Which when you think about it is quite a long time, and I don’t want to say this out loud so if ya’ll can lean a little closer....closer...ok that’s close enough personal space n’ all that, I think I’m becoming bored...

I know this sounds crazy but all of the tasks and ‘to do lists’ that I created prior to my exams have been completed and so I have little else to actually ‘do’. I’m taking extra shifts at work so I’m there say three times a week and of course spending extra time with my friends is fantastic however this excessive amount of free time has led to my being able to watch complete series of a multitude of shows as well as me reading and rereading a very long list of books. I’ve let my youtube addiction run wild watching all of Jenna Marbles videos and researching things such as ‘what to bring to uni’.

I’m sure I will regret ‘wasting’ this time however with little productive things to do I feel at times full of emptiness, ooh eer get some neilistic forms of expression into a blogpost, little miss English Lit, my old teacher would have been proud.

We shall see how this goes, perhaps the only reason I feel like this is because ofthe impending doom of results with I believe are little over a month away.

How are ya’ll enjoying the summer? Can you suggest any productive style activities to do?

Suggestions for blog posts are always welcome and if you write a blog post it below for me to read :smile: And thanks for the previous comments!

Adios amigos/amigas

Over & out
Hola amigas/amigos,

I'm back carrying two rucksacks filled with nerves that keep expanding and will do so until the dreaded 'D day' which is fast approaching, a.k.a. results day.

With unconditionals receieving accommodation offers and news of the freshers packages being released I am joined here today with a small green monster on either shoulder, as twins they are called jealousy. All the excitement to find out whose got the best accomm and will be having the best parties has simply made me more impatient for thursday.

Despite the fact that part of me would rather shove the results back in the examiners face without taking so much as a glance there is a larger part of me that just wants to know now, put me out of my misery!

Although to be honest the realisation that it is almost the middle of august has shocked me somewhat as in reality the last 8 weeks approx have gone extremley quickly, from my last exam and post exam partying the weeks seem to have flown by without my noticing.

According to an insider source (I always love it when they use this phrase in magizenes) universities will recieve our results TODAY, they will then go through the process whereby those who meet their offer automatically are through and the rest of applicants will to an extent be put through excrutiating tests in order to determine which of those who narrowly missed such requirments will still be deemed 'good enough' for the said university.

I've always been impatient with surprises, at xmas, birthdays etc so this wait is killing me, which is probably why many people have referred to it as the 'dreaded wait', luckily I am booked up in my calender mon, tue & wed working to get me some dolla for uni (providing I get in) so this should keep my mind off of the dreaded wait.

So how are ya'll feeling about results? Nervous? Excited? Are you an unconditional and have your place already? Drop a comment below and if you like my blog feel free to 'watch this thread' for updates.

More posts soon, the next one will hopefully *fingers, toes and legs crossed* be a positive one in which I celebrate my results. Then bring on freshers! There will be packing posts amongst others and if you have any suggestions feel free to comment.

Adios
Over & out
Hola people!

Quick note for me as I'm a very busy bee today what with bedding to buy and getting ready to do before the most immense night out (cannot wait) that well...I GOT IN!!! Heck yeah!

So very pleased, to all those who read this in the future, there is hope for us all, you just gotta work hard and believe and anything is possible (as sappy as that sounds)

Ended up being surprised with an A for history!? The surprise because I got a B last year and a C in my coursework but then got full UMS in my last exams so yay! Then A for english lit woop, A for sociology and then a B for politics (which was only a few UMS off an A so oddball that I am have actually sent it for a remark, just to check...:wink: And then a B for general studies which is astonishing with little revision at all aha.

Congrats to all today, hope ya'll got what you wanted? Comment below and have fun tonight!

Adios
Over & out
Hola amigos/amigas,

I'm back! I've gotten in, recieved my accommodation and paid for my deposit, bought my freshers plus ticket and have already found several people in my block and one person in my flat, success!

It came quickly and I recieved exactly the accommodation I wanted, Tennis Courts also with my preference of mixed sex and self catered. Perhaps to an extet staying in the newer, centre courts would have been slightly nicer but I'm a happy penguin all the same.

It is offically 5 weeks today until I move in, the countdown has offically begun and I am beyond excited. This may sound sad however I have been on holidays for over 8/9 weeks now and am frankly a little bored and wish for something more stimulating than breaking bad episodes (which I have really gotten into FYI it's worth watching) and making endless cups of tea.

How is everyone else feeling? Anyone else going shopping? I am off tomorrow to have a look for bedding which should be good (as in my books any shopping is good for a shopaholic.)
Any suggestions for posts are welcome and as per usual comment below :smile:

Adios
Over & out
Original post by Beth_Armitage
Hola amigos/amigas,

I'm back! I've gotten in, recieved my accommodation and paid for my deposit, bought my freshers plus ticket and have already found several people in my block and one person in my flat, success!

It came quickly and I recieved exactly the accommodation I wanted, Tennis Courts also with my preference of mixed sex and self catered. Perhaps to an extet staying in the newer, centre courts would have been slightly nicer but I'm a happy penguin all the same.

It is offically 5 weeks today until I move in, the countdown has offically begun and I am beyond excited. This may sound sad however I have been on holidays for over 8/9 weeks now and am frankly a little bored and wish for something more stimulating than breaking bad episodes (which I have really gotten into FYI it's worth watching) and making endless cups of tea.

How is everyone else feeling? Anyone else going shopping? I am off tomorrow to have a look for bedding which should be good (as in my books any shopping is good for a shopaholic.)
Any suggestions for posts are welcome and as per usual comment below :smile:

Adios
Over & out

Hello fellow Brum fresher!

I am vair jel of your accommodation offer as I have not heard anything yet, apart from the student diary today, which was quite exciting to receive!

I'm so excited to start- it seems so long away when really it isn't :tongue:
Hope you had fun shopping!

Posted from TSR Mobile
People just a quick note to say now that they've finally created the 2013 freshers page my blog has now moved, so come and join me! ... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2438693
YES YES YES

Great blog!

I must say I'm not sure about NPD not being contagious!

It's just it exhibits different symptoms in different people! Many people's souls are sucked from their already vacuous states, but others when surrounded by sufferers start suffering from acute insanity which if allowed to progress can to result in severe cases of soul draining, there is no known cure, or indeed vaccine, but music and hearty laughter has been shown to slow the spread of the disease. Good luck at uni! I think you'll have enough soul to carry you to safety if NPD carriers do show up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending