The Student Room Group

Barcelona vs. Bayern Munich (UEFA Champions League semi-final, 2nd leg)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Manchester United
I presume by 'our' you mean Barcelona?

If so, they're not wrong. Barcelona are far ahead in the La Liga and have performed poorly in the away games in the Champions League (PSG/Celtic/AC/Bayern). There is no need for Barcelona to hit the panic button. We all know they'll make it to the Semi-Finals next year.

Yes Barcelona's tactics have been fine in the league but in Europe it doesn't work. Notice how the best performance against Milan was suddenly when Barcelona had that off ball movement and pressing for that one game. We won't make it to the Semi's unless they figure something out.
Original post by Malevolent
Our tactics are all wrong not sure whats wrong with Madrid.

I think Bayern are threatening a New World Order. They're going for the treble! If you ignore the away game against FA Bate Borisov and the Arsenal 2nd leg; it's been clear thst these Germans are on a path of destruction. They made Juventus appear like an average side in the QF's. The way they dominated Barca was just sometime different; we had just never seen it before. Barca rarely looked like scoring in the 2nd leg, it was evident. I mean they made Barca look like just another team, sorry to word it like that to you. But do you think that Barca will shape up with potential new signings in the summer? And who do you want to see win the final?
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
I think Bayern are threatening a New World Order. They're going for the treble! If you ignore the away game against FA Bate Borisov and the Arsenal 2nd leg; it's been clear thst these Germans are on a path of destruction. They made Juventus appear like an average side in the QF's. The way they dominated Barca was just sometime different; we had just never seen it before. Barca rarely looked like scoring in the 2nd leg, it was evident. I mean they made Barca look like just another team, sorry to word it like that to you. But do you think that Barca will shape up with potential new signings in the summer? And who do you want to see win the final?

We can shape up the question is whether Vilanova can get them to. There's no excuse why this side shouldn't challenge if the defense is strengthened. If we can get Hummels, Marquinhos or Martinez.

I don't mind who wins. Dortmund or Bayern. If Bayern didn't have Schweinstiger and Lahm i would probably want Dortmund but because of those two i'm on the fence.
We can shape up the question is whether Vilanova can get them to. There's no excuse why this side shouldn't challenge if the defense is strengthened. If we can get Hummels, Marquinhos or Martinez.

I don't mind who wins. Dortmund or Bayern. If Bayern didn't have Schweinstiger and Lahm i would probably want Dortmund but because of those two i'm on the fence.

Yeah. It's not a problem. Fabregas needs games next season. I think he gets way too much stick at barca. We can see how good he can be. He gets goals and assists and brings a new dimension to the midfield play and can also go up front as a false 9. I think that david villa never fitted barcelona personally. He was goodish in his first season but not amazing, in fact he went through a similar spell to torres at chelsea at the same time in fact...
Original post by jam277
Yeah. It's not a problem. Fabregas needs games next season. I think he gets way too much stick at barca. We can see how good he can be. He gets goals and assists and brings a new dimension to the midfield play and can also go up front as a false 9. I think that david villa never fitted barcelona personally. He was goodish in his first season but not amazing, in fact he went through a similar spell to torres at chelsea at the same time in fact...

Exactly i like Fabregas people criticize him but hes not the only one. Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets have not been good either. We need to find an identity at least because our play is right now very lethargic. Either go back to Guardiola or completely find something else.

David Villa Pedro and Messi were a stunning trio but i think hes declining now Villa. We need someone who can play out wide but cut in and rotate with Messi to play up front.
Exactly i like Fabregas people criticize him but hes not the only one. Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets have not been good either. We need to find an identity at least because our play is right now very lethargic. Either go back to Guardiola or completely find something else.

David Villa Pedro and Messi were a stunning trio but i think hes declining now Villa. We need someone who can play out wide but cut in and rotate with Messi to play up front.

I don't think villa was really that good. He adapted his game fair enough but he never got enough goals for me and he had a really bad spell of form around jan11-april 11. He was piss poor in the copa final as well. Pedro is a guy who I think is massively underrated. His season last year was poor down to injury and general inconsistency(like the whole barca team) and this year he's been better but not amazing. You should have gone for eden hazard. He's a man that would make your team tick. He can pass and link up very well, give an injection of pace to lighten messi's load when xavi does his monotone flat arteta style passing with iniesta. Heck hazard's basically a more flairy but less effective version of messi. Neymar is too risky though.
Original post by jam277
I don't think villa was really that good. He adapted his game fair enough but he never got enough goals for me and he had a really bad spell of form around jan11-april 11. He was piss poor in the copa final as well. Pedro is a guy who I think is massively underrated. His season last year was poor down to injury and general inconsistency(like the whole barca team) and this year he's been better but not amazing. You should have gone for eden hazard. He's a man that would make your team tick. He can pass and link up very well, give an injection of pace to lighten messi's load when xavi does his monotone flat arteta style passing with iniesta. Heck hazard's basically a more flairy but less effective version of messi. Neymar is too risky though.

Mmm he did adapt but he didn't light it up but i guess he did share a huge load with Messi and Pedro but yeah his time is up i think. Shame about his leg injury. Pedro i like hes underrated, works his ass off and makes runs and tries to make things happen. Xavi as much as it pains to say he needs to be on the bench. His passing ability seems to have disappeared. No more diagonal balls or weighted through balls just side way side ways side ways. Equivalent of Arteta right now...

I dunno who we can get to be that other winger. We need someone who can move central and play out wide with pace and can score. Neymar I don't know what hes like maybe for 15 or 20m I would be fine but for 40 or 50? **** off id rather keep Sanchez...
Mmm he did adapt but he didn't light it up but i guess he did share a huge load with Messi and Pedro but yeah his time is up i think. Shame about his leg injury. Pedro i like hes underrated, works his ass off and makes runs and tries to make things happen. Xavi as much as it pains to say he needs to be on the bench. His passing ability seems to have disappeared. No more diagonal balls or weighted through balls just side way side ways side ways. Equivalent of Arteta right now...

I dunno who we can get to be that other winger. We need someone who can move central and play out wide with pace and can score. Neymar I don't know what hes like maybe for 15 or 20m I would be fine but for 40 or 50? **** off id rather keep Sanchez...

Gareth bale maybe? Although he hasn't got the best passing ability he has strength and directness which will give another dimension to the attack, him and fabregas would be good together I feel. Plus he's better in the air than your other players. Whenever I see you guys go wide it's going to be obvious what you'll do. Plus half the crosses don't even work because of how short your attack is...

Bale obviously can cut in to get on the end of DA's and albas crosses and he can offer a bit more directness if needed, he has way more to his game than sanchez while we're at it unless sanchez improves his end product and his finishing.
Original post by jam277
Gareth bale maybe? Although he hasn't got the best passing ability he has strength and directness which will give another dimension to the attack, him and fabregas would be good together I feel. Plus he's better in the air than your other players. Whenever I see you guys go wide it's going to be obvious what you'll do. Plus half the crosses don't even work because of how short your attack is...

Bale obviously can cut in to get on the end of DA's and albas crosses and he can offer a bit more directness if needed, he has way more to his game than sanchez while we're at it unless sanchez improves his end product and his finishing.

I thought he was Madrid bound. But yeah that would be good. Our crosses are completely wasted. I don't see why we even bother taking corners :laugh:

Sanchez needs to improve finishing hes starting to link up and he works hard but damn is he useless at finishing.
I thought he was Madrid bound. But yeah that would be good. Our crosses are completely wasted. I don't see why we even bother taking corners :laugh:

Sanchez needs to improve finishing hes starting to link up and he works hard but damn is he useless at finishing.

I find it funny when xavi passes it to iniesta, iniesta passes it back to xavi and xavi passes it into midfield basically resuming play :lol:

Sanchez does need to improve his finishing though, he's improving but I don't think he'll ever reach a top level. Should not be a starter. Guardiola did sign quite a few flops tbh.
Original post by jam277
I find it funny when xavi passes it to iniesta, iniesta passes it back to xavi and xavi passes it into midfield basically resuming play :lol:

Sanchez does need to improve his finishing though, he's improving but I don't think he'll ever reach a top level. Should not be a starter. Guardiola did sign quite a few flops tbh.

We ruined him i think sadly. This guy was an absolutely menace getting past people on the dribble but we had to go suck the daring-ness and creativity out of him, drilled into him its more important to keep the ball then take the man on :laugh:

Yikes Xavi is all i can say.

Yeah those are some good transfer ideas for the club, it's a competitor market and their dazzling form has made those players stand out on the wish lists of many top clubs. Man City are interested in Hummels and there have been talks over am exchange deal with Dzeko plus city recieving extra cash. So some players may be tough to lure. But I think that it may definitely be the perfect time to promote Rafinha and that other guy who I can't remember his name, something Roberto I think (?) to the first team. Plus, you should probably keep Alex Song too, apparently he isn't happy with the playing time he is getting in and is dissapointed that he doesn't get much first-team action or start many games. He's been heavily linked to Tottenham and himself is interested in what could be a dream move back to North London. He's proved to be a good reliable back up to Busquets and has basically become your new Seydou Keita kind of. He has tremendous strength
and size, he will be vital for you guys in the future.

But buying Hummels and fighting off competition should be your top priority, he's that true defender that you guys lack. He has the quality to pass and push forward. Plus, I'm assuming that they'll also be busy in search of a new keeper. But who? And for a clearout, you might as well sell David Villa and Alexis Sanchez. You will get big revenue by selling these two. It would fund the move for Neymar; the romance is still alive.

And I hope you see my latest post in the WWE thread? :colondollar:
I just thought of something. Petr cech to barcelona? We keep courtois. It seems a decent deal for both parties coming to think of it, we have a ready made replacement and barca can get a top class keeper better than their current when he expires.
Reply 173
Original post by Manchester United
Exactly, different positions, different jobs. Which is why Ronaldo shouldn't track back (even though he does in the Clasico's). It's not his job, his job is to stay up the pitch ready for the break.

People are acting as if Real Madrid and Barcelona's tactics are all wrong now. They're still two of the three/four greatest sides in Europe. People need to chill.

i never said barca and real are now crap, what i meant was that both germans teams got their tactics correct, they played as a team and won as a team, it seems in madrid there are individual players who think they are bigger than the club. barca is slightly different but they need to change their style to adapt in situations because they are way too predictable and teams prefer to let them have the ball and then pressed them once they enter their half.
Reply 174
Original post by jam277
Was thinking about this. Like I was saying that to win the CL you need one outstanding player to pull you out of a situation(Drogba, messi, milito, messi, ronaldo, kaka, ronaldinho, gerrard being the previous examples) but with bayern it seems like they're the exception to the rule. Great team ethic and by doing that they've destroyed all the opposition away by this style of play. Also think they're a better side with robben in the team. While I love toni kroos I think 'robbery' and muller are the best trio.

I really enjoyed watching this bayern side, i prefer bayern style of football rather than the Tika Taka that barca play. Apparently barca passed the ball 1200 to bayerns 600 but still managed to 7-0

Quick Reply

Latest