The Student Room Group

a level clash

Help, I want to do automotive or Motorsport engineering at university, these are the a levels I want to take
Maths
Physics
Geography
DT product design
But geography and DT clash! Please help me I don't know what to take and I've never done DT before
Original post by cdtc
Help, I want to do automotive or Motorsport engineering at university, these are the a levels I want to take
Maths
Physics
Geography
DT product design
But geography and DT clash! Please help me I don't know what to take and I've never done DT before

Do you know which exam board they are under? I'd go onto the exam board's website and look at what modules you'd be studying for both subjects and then see which one looks more enjoyable.
Reply 2
i do geography and product design! i want to do product design at university so its a no brainer for me! look into the university course and see which they would prefer! the only bad thing is tomorrow i have a geography and dt as exam on the same day! :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by morvenrkr
i do geography and product design! i want to do product design at university so its a no brainer for me! look into the university course and see which they would prefer! the only bad thing is tomorrow i have a geography and dt as exam on the same day! :s-smilie:

Thanks for the advice and good luck
Reply 4
Original post by .:Twilight:.
Thank you :-)
Original post by cdtc
Maths
Physics
Geography
DT product design

Well engineering at university will require a lot of mathematics so I'd suggest maybe ditching geography for Further maths? I do further maths and it is pretty simple to do well in the exams as long as you work through each text book well :smile: Plus the university's will love the fact you do further maths because not everyone takes it for engineering and it is so useful.

Quick Reply

Latest