The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Classes Overlapping

My timetable is showing two classes happening concurrently (same day, same time). They're two different modules at different level. How do I resolve it?
Original post by Anonymous
My timetable is showing two classes happening concurrently (same day, same time). They're two different modules at different level. How do I resolve it?

Unless both modules are mandatory, it's very likely you would have to choose another option in your degree/course.

The first thing that I would do is to inform the course director regarding the clash and see what alternatives there are.

What's not going to help is trying to attend both classes or alternate between one class and another every week. Your attendance would be marked low and you could be expelled or removed from the module. Also by just attending half the classes, you won't be able to attain all the information from both classes effectively.

I would contact the course director as soon as you can, because ultimately he/she will find out and it would be very difficult to catch up on the material in your new module as well as your old one.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
The first thing that I would do is to inform the course director regarding the clash and see what alternatives there are.

How do I find out who my course director is? Would it be better to try and contact them in person or is an email enough?
How do I find out who my course director is? Would it be better to try and contact them in person or is an email enough?

This should be the person who introduced you to the degree in the first lecture in your first year.
If you did not attend (shame on you), you can look the name up in your introductory pack for your degree when you arrived at the uni.
If you lost all of the above, you can ask in your department of the subejct you are studying
If all fails (due to whatever reason e.g. strikes), then you can look at the degree course page and look up the name of the course director.

If you want me to help with the last part, let me know the degree that you're doing and the uni you're at.
Reply 4

If you did not attend (shame on you)

Well the options were either that or getting rejected at immigrations for not having a visa. There are many reasons why someone might've missed their induction outside of laziness or lack of care.

And yes, I submitted my visa applications as soon as I could, so more shame on the UK visa team really.

If you want me to help with the last part, let me know the degree that you're doing and the uni you're at

I ended up contacting the programme officer who said they'll get it sorted, but genuinely thank you for the offer.

Get in touch with your personal tutor and discuss, it might be a clash others have which quite possibly will be resolved by the admin teams managing the modules timetabling, or it might be unique to your combination in which case it's likely you may need to change one or the other module. If they're from different departments though the chances of the clash being resolved are slim so it's more likely you'd need to reselect a module option.
Reply 6
Original post by artful_lounger
Get in touch with your personal tutor and discuss, it might be a clash others have which quite possibly will be resolved by the admin teams managing the modules timetabling, or it might be unique to your combination in which case it's likely you may need to change one or the other module. If they're from different departments though the chances of the clash being resolved are slim so it's more likely you'd need to reselect a module option.

Thank you for taking the time to answer! I ended up dropping the module since I was taking too many modules this semester as well.

Quick Reply

Latest