The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

17 years old, weigh 10 stone 4 lbs, 5'7, clothes size 10 on both top and bottom.
Original post by yothi5
Doesn't quite add up somehow....

What doesn't? She's lighter than me and I wear 8 or 10
Original post by OU Student
It doesn't. 1lb of muscle weighs the same as 1lb of fat.

You've just said a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat?!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by alexandraa
You've just said a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat?!

Er, yes.:rolleyes: 1lb is 1lb. It's the surface area that's different. http://www.everydayhealth.com/weight/busting-the-muscle-weighs-more-than-fat-myth.aspx
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Yeah you're probably in the wrong size, most people are because stores use ****ty fitting methods where they add inches to your underbust.

http://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Your-Bra-Size
This is one of the most accurate ways to measure. How you do it is basically measure your underbust, that's your bandsize. If you measure 30", you're a 30. If you measure 29", you could be a 28 or a 30 depending on what you find comfortable (depends how large your boobs are, small chested ladies usually prefer to size up whereas big boobed prefer to size down due to needing support)

Then for cupsize, you measure around the fullest part of the bust, leaning over paralell to the floor. The reason for this is the breasts hang naturally without gravity or clothing intefering. Say you get 35". That's 5" bigger than your underbust. Each inch is one cup

1" is A, 2" B and so on. So our person above would be a 30DD.

http://bfcidade.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/naprawde-duze-biusty2.jpg
http://bfcidade.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/nagie_biusty_male.jpg

These are pictures of properly fitted D and DD cups, the first pic, and G and GG cups. Basically people have this misconception that D cups are massive and anything bigger must look like you've stuffed a couple of spacehoppers down your shirt, but actually that's not true.

Hope this helps! I'm a bit of a bra fitting nerd after getting fitted properly and thinking Damn my boobs look great AND I'm comfy! :rofl:

You have made measuring tits into the most straightforward thing in the world...I actually understand it now, thank you :biggrin:
Original post by OU Student
Er, yes.:rolleyes: 1lb is 1lb. It's the surface area that's different. http://www.everydayhealth.com/weight/busting-the-muscle-weighs-more-than-fat-myth.aspx

Ahh was about to say haha!

if you have 10cm^3 of fat and 10cm^3 of muscle, the muscle does weigh more than fat because the muscle is denser than the fat cells, which actually would make a valid point

(edited 10 years ago)
I'm 5"0
8 in tops
10 in jeans
30F
A little over 8 stone
I'm 18
Weigh just under 7 stone
5"1
Size 6 on jeans
Size 8 on tops
Bra size is 34C
I've just been completely alienated by this thread by peoples use of stone instead of Kg, why is it that people only know body weight by imperial, if i told anyone the weight a baby in Kg they would look at me really confused.
Reply 29
I'm 18 (nearly 19)
9 1/2 stone
Bra size= 34 D/ DD
Dress size= 12 on top, 10/12 jeans
Original post by yothi5
Doesn't quite add up somehow....

Actually it does... Weight doesn't mean an awful lot with regards to clothes sizes.

I am a dancer and also do gymnastics therefore most of my weight comes from muscle (I am around 5% under the recommended body fat percentage) which means although I weigh 58kg (just over 9 stone) I wear age 14-15 or size 8 clothing. Not all people wearing small sizes, weigh 7st!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pipsqueak :)
Actually it does... Weight doesn't mean an awful lot with regards to clothes sizes.

I am a dancer and also do gymnastics therefore most of my weight comes from muscle (I am around 5% under the recommended body fat percentage) which means although I weigh 58kg (just over 9 stone) I wear age 14-15 or size 8 clothing. Not all people wearing small sizes, weigh 7st!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed. I'm about 9 stone or so and can wear age 13 clothes.
5'3"
9.5 stone
size 10/12

Don't worry about the number on the scale, because it doesn't differentiate between muscle and fat so someone might weigh a lot but look tiny because they have a lot of muscle which is denser!! As long as you are happy and healthy ^^
Reply 33
Age 18
height 5ft6
weight: 10 1/2 stone
bra size:36C(?) I haven't been properly measured, some of my bras are 38C some 36C got a D in there somewhere......
I've got a fairly solid "medium" size going on at 10/12 (occasionly 14 for things like skinny jeans and bodycon dresses) .
OP your weight is perfectly fine I mean you're size 8-10 that's size small! Not sure why you'd think you weight too much. But when in doubt check your BMI =)
Reply 34
Original post by Anonymous
Anon because I'm slightly conscious of my weight..

I am 23 years old, a size 8/10 in tops and trousers, 5'5 and bra size 34B.

At the moment, my weight stands around 9 stones. It used to be slightly higher, about 9 and a half stone, but I was still the same clothes size. im pretty flat by the way, both boobs and bum (even though im 34B it doesn't appear huge)

I've always thought my weight was normal but I was recently speaking to a neighbour who told me she used to be 7/7.5 stones and only now (due to an operation) she is 9 stones. she is slightly shorter than me, but has a much fuller figure ie. boobs and bum.

This has thrown me a little. I know everyone holds fat in different places but its made me think do I weigh too much?

Girls, I want to know the following things (if you don't mind):

- weight
- height
- dress size

It probably sounds quite sad, but this has really been playing on my mind.. quite a few people actually compliment me on my figure, which I'm happy with. Its just that Im thinking do I weigh too much??

x

Hi, if you like what you see in the mirror then a number should matter. I'm 18 years old and weight 13st 7lb and I'm proud of that (I'm 5ft 9inch tall) I was like you and was worried about my weight so when my mum became a slimming world consultant I decided that I would join the class and it made me realise that everyone is different and I was never going to look like some of my friend so I needed to embrace the figure thy I had, so I forgot about the number and only looked at what I saw in the mirror and now...I love it!!! So you should love yours xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
- weight - 9.5 stone
- height - 5'4 and a half
- dress size - 10/12 (12 on top, I'm chesty so a size 10 would not look appropriate)
Reply 36
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
What doesn't? She's lighter than me and I wear 8 or 10

Depends on how tall you are, or that your clothes must be really tight on you?
Reply 37
Original post by Pipsqueak :)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool, your clothes must be pretty tight if you say your muscles are big.
Original post by yothi5
Depends on how tall you are, or that your clothes must be really tight on you?

I'm very tall, but it also depends on shape. You can't say "oh this is the size you are if you weigh 10 stone". It doesn't work like that and my clothes fit normally
Weight - about 10 and a half stone.
Height - 5 foot 10 inches.
Dress size - varies from shop to shop! Probably a 10-12 on average.

Latest