The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
height: 5"2
weight: 53 kg (don't know in stone sorry)
dress size: 8/10
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys, I have a really important question about my weight.

I'm 20, 5'6 (169cm) and weigh around 60.4kg (9.5 stone)

BUT I my dress size is size 14? I feel like I should fit into a size 10/12 but I end up looking fat when I do...?
And it's odd because I know I have a healthy BMI and a healthy weight..But why do I have to generally wear a bigger dress size?

Is this due to bone structure?

Depends on things like how big your boobs are and where you carry weight. I'm the same height and about 63kg and usually take a size 10 but that's just because I have a smaller waist and boobs... If I had big boobs I'd defiantly be more of a 12-14. I think a lot of my weight is muscle which is heavier than fat. Either way your a healthy weight so don't worry about it, labels are just labels... No use wearing something uncomfortable!
i'm 16
5ft5, 7.4 stone
dress size 6-8 and 30C bra size

currently being regularly weighed by my doctor, pretty humiliating, partly for the concerns for my mental health but i eat healthy enough and would rather gain than lose weight (to fill out curves).

the pressure for women to lose weight makes me sick. every magazine cover, on the tv, online. i wish the media would accept women are born to be different shapes and sizes - everything else about us is different so why should we all aim to be the same figure?
Reply 703
I'm 18, 5'5, about 9 and a half stone and a 34DD. My clothes size is somewhere around a 12/14 but depends a lot based on the shop.

I'm not the skinniest person out there but I'm not overweight, so who cares? :dontknow:
Reply 704
I'm 5'4. Not sure how much I weight but I'm a 12 in bottoms and around the same in tops, but I don't like tight clothes. Personally I don't see myself as overweight although I think my BMI would say so (but it's useless to go by that anyway).

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 5'4, I weigh 10 stone and I'm a size 10. 34C usually, depending on the shop.

Within the past year, I have lost 4 stone, just from eating healthier, no takeaway and also going to the gym and jogging. I've gone from a size 14 and being overweight to a size 10, I am so happy.

But girls, I ONLY lost weight because I wasn't confident in myself, if you're paranoid or conscious about your weight then do what you can to make YOURSELF happy.

I am 17.
Height: 5'7
Weight: 47/48kg (fluctuates regularly)
Size: Tops - 8
Bottoms - 8/10

Original post by Katykat10
I'm 16 4ft 7 in weigh 9 stone size top 10 bottom 8/6 as I am very short I should probably loose some weight

I think you seem alright! :smile: What makes you want to lose weight? :smile:
Height: 5'3
Weight 55kg
top size 6, bottom size 10-12
Original post by evieasmr98
Height: 5'3
Weight 55kg
top size 6, bottom size 10-12

I'm 18, 5'3 and weigh around 53kg as well but weirdly i'm a size 8 on the top and bottom :biggrin: I wonder why that is?
Original post by Hayley Williams
I'm 18, 5'3 and weigh around 53kg as well but weirdly i'm a size 8 on the top and bottom :biggrin: I wonder why that is?

Everyone is of different shapes and sizes, for instance I'm a very obvious pear shape, you may be hourglass
Everyone is of different shapes and sizes, for instance I'm a very obvious pear shape, you may be hourglass

Thanks for the answer, which was obvious, just me being daft :biggrin:
I don't know to be honest. Don't have a weighing scale :/
5'8
8.2 stone
30DD

:K:

(all of your sizes are beautiful mkay)

Non related but do you have an acual asmr channel?
Original post by Anonymous
5'8
8.2 stone
30DD

:K:

(all of your sizes are beautiful mkay)

forgot to add on to this, size 8-10 depending on shop.
5'8
56kg
top: 8/10
bottom: 10

YOUR weight is totally normal, nothing to worry about!!
Height: 5"1ft
Weight: 6 stone. Measured myself recently and it was 36kg, not sure if that is 6 stone.
Bra: 34B

When it comes to clothing, I usually wear sizes 6/8 but it depends on the brand.

I find that I look too young for my age as I'm short as well as thin. I don't know what to do because I can't seem to put any weight on, and when I do, my metabolism's speed is the answer. Doctors say I'm normal but whenever I eat in a public place, I throw up. (Eating disorder?)

Anyone have any advice?
Im 17, almost 18, size 8/10 5ft 2 and about 8st 10 with 32DD. I used to be quite skinny when I was younger and put on weight regularly quite recently which has worried me a bit. I have underactive thyroid which makes it very easy to put on weight and had to lose it, which is just annoying really. And it doesn't help that im almost 2 stone heavier than my sister who is 2 years older than me, who can't be bothered to eat most days. Not good for the old self esteem... I like to be only slightly lighter than average but I don't know what is a normal weight.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 718
my size is around 10/12 so I am not the smallest one
I'm 18
Weigh around 10st 4lb
Bra size 34 D
Tops: 8/10 (though fairly tight around my chest)
Bottoms: 10/12
Dresses: 10/12

I feel really insecure about my weight, as most people weigh much less especially at my age... but I've been told that my figure is fairly nice and curvy and that my bones just must be very dense, so not sure what to think tbh but I'm still embarassed

Latest