The Student Room Group

I'm not gay, is this wrong?

So ever since I was probably about 13-14 I've had urges when it comes to other girls. Really small urges, but urges nonetheless. It's more of a big curiosity for me, as I think I'll always prefer men, but are these urges I should act on?
I've recently started talking to this girl online. She's a couple years older than me, a PHD student at Cambridge and rather pretty. She's also gay.

I've told her that I'm bisexual, but because I haven't really experienced the whole 'experimental' stage yet, I'm scared I'm not going to find her as attractive if we meet up. I really don't want to lead her on if it gets to a point where I'm unable to keep up with what she might want.

I'm so confused with my sexuality. Truth is, I've never tried to act on my bisexuality before, and haven't even kissed another girl. I get really excited and happy when I'm talking to her, but I'm not sure if what I want is sexual or not. Especially when I haven't met her yet. She's also casually mentioned before that she likes a girl who takes charge- I'm not sure I can be that girl, especially in such unknown territory!

I don't want to 'use' her as a way of experimenting because we've gotten pretty close at this point.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Reply 2
I think you should talk to her and say what you've said here.
You might as well use her as a way of experimenting but make sure she's okay with it first by explaining this issue you have with her.

Besides if you suddenly call it quits now she'd be even more upset (I'm assuming), so using her as this couldn't hurt her more (I'm not saying you should though, just trying to explain to you why it ain't as bad as you think).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending