The Student Room Group

University of Oxford, MSc Pharmacology (taught), 2013/2014

Hello, I got accepted in MSc Pharmacology in University of Oxford :smile::smile:.... Please join this thread if you got into this program as well:biggrin:
Reply 1
Congrats!!! I was hoping someone would open up a thread for Pharmacology. I have been offered a place too! :biggrin:

When did you apply? How long did they take to reply?
Reply 2
Niiiiice...that was fast:smile:...I applied around Jan...they took almost three months to reply....when did you apply? Did you get any scholarship?? Have started studying or planning? Syllabus looks really tough!!!!
Reply 3
well i met the jan deadline too. no luck scholarships though. There's one that didn't back yet. Let hope for the best.
Haven't had the opportunity to study or make plans yet but you're right their syllabus must be hardest i've seen in the whole of UK! moreover the 5*rated lab and the reputation of the professors n the department as a whole is surely overwhelming.

did u apply elsewhere? what do u think r the prospects of getting a phd offer after a taught masters course ( although the syllabus does suggest a lot of lab work compared to many other taught courses i looked into for example immunology)
Will see you both in Oct! :biggrin:

I applied for the March deadline but submitted everything in Late Jan, got my interview though pretty ASAP. I have not started studying and dont plan to...got finals lurking :frown:

Any worthy textbooks to eyeball though? What do you reckon?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
@RUMINT: Yeah I am really looking forward to work in those Labs:biggrin:. Only two 5* rated labs are there in uk, and Oxford is one of them:biggrin::biggrin:. Anyhow, I believe it is going to very difficult to get an offer for phd after studying in a taught program. But you never know, if you can impress a Professor you might be able to pull it off. Anyhow, I am not willing to pay for a phd, I will only go for one if it is fully funded.

@H.Abbas.Khan: Hey!!! Nope I did not start studying. Planning to start soon though. I will just study according to their syllabus, will follow Lippincott and Rang&Dale. So what are you studying? and where are you from? Anyways Best of Luck for your finals:smile:.
Original post by King Henry

@H.Abbas.Khan: Hey!!! Nope I did not start studying. Planning to start soon though. I will just study according to their syllabus, will follow Lippincott and Rang&Dale. So what are you studying? and where are you from? Anyways Best of Luck for your finals:smile:.

yo!

Bloody hell man, you are making me nervous with all this talk about studying!! I think I might eyeball Rang and Dale. Do you think it is a text at a level sufficient enough for a masters?

Im studying Medicine at the moment. My undergrad was in life sciences...so i am a weird hybrid!

where will you be travelling from?

Shall we all meet up just before the course starts...nothing to melt ice like a good binge drink. Or even a cranberry juice :biggrin:

I have not done lab work for eons, i fear i shall be inherently ****e at it :confused:
Reply 7
Original post by H.Abbas.Khan
yo!

Bloody hell man, you are making me nervous with all this talk about studying!! I think I might eyeball Rang and Dale. Do you think it is a text at a level sufficient enough for a masters?

Im studying Medicine at the moment. My undergrad was in life sciences...so i am a weird hybrid!

where will you be travelling from?

Shall we all meet up just before the course starts...nothing to melt ice like a good binge drink. Or even a cranberry juice :biggrin:

I have not done lab work for eons, i fear i shall be inherently ****e at it :confused:

Dude why the hell would you study?? Undergrad in Life Science and now your studying Medicine...**** you must be kidding me... Anyways I am blabbering alot about studying, but I havent touched a book yet... so you can chillllllll.....

Yeah really wanna meet up before the course starts:biggrin:... I will be landing around mid September I guess...

Dont worry I am sure you will do great...
Original post by King Henry

I shall astonish you with my noble skills of laboratory screw ups :biggrin:

Well my lease starts on the 28th of September so I guess I shall be coming round about then, maybe a few nights before if I can sort it out with the college. Which college are you with? Hope accom is sorted for you - i think some people are still trying to figure it out and get things sorted.

Yup, deffo should arrange a meeting!

BTW do you have any idea how much time we will be spending in the classroom and labs? Or anything about the home office license? ive been trying to do some research on what is involved (my method of procrastination), however, not getting far!
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi sorry not sure if my first message was posted as don't frequently use TSR.
I am just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the personal statement requirement for admission?
Also any general advice or information would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks.
Reply 10
Hi everyone I had an interview 2 days before. I was wounder if anyone know how long they take to reply?
Many Thanks
Reply 11
Hi everyone, I just got an interview notice, I am nervous about the quesitons they are going to ask me, any suggestions?
Reply 12
Hey, how was your interview? May I know what kind of quesiton did they ask you please? Having interview next week and I am vsuper nervous...
Original post by lily2
Hi everyone I had an interview 2 days before. I was wounder if anyone know how long they take to reply?
Many Thanks
Reply 13
Original post by VTS
Hi everyone, I just got an interview notice, I am nervous about the quesitons they are going to ask me, any suggestions?

Hi, have you been interviewed yet? Hows it goin? Got notice too. Would appreciate if you could share your experience :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by MJae
Hi, have you been interviewed yet? Hows it goin? Got notice too. Would appreciate if you could share your experience :biggrin:

Hello! Were you later offered admission into the program?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending