The Student Room Group

Have you ever wrote a note to the examiner?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cynical_Smile01
WTF? They actually believed that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably got full UMS without those last 10 marks.
this thread is probably giving people ideas..
Reply 22
there was a 9 mark question in my pure math paper last year about stationary points...i couldnt differentiate so i wrote a long note to the examiner about how to find stationary points.i think i got 6/9
Reply 23
Religion last week my friend chose to eat his exam paper, he put his head on the desk and the invigilator kept asking i he was ok. All he did too the paper was draw a picture of a budda
Reply 24
I had an ICT practical IGCSE,One of the question asked to put the logo i made in the previous question in the top right corner of the document i was working on, i had 5 minutes left so i quickly printed the document out, the invigilator came and gave me my print out so i quickly drew on the logo.
Reply 25
I always write notes to the examiner... Feedback on the exam (even though the marker is probably not got anything to do with writing the exam) or random thoughts I have. Little doodles of octopie eating the questions.. Frustrations at not being able to do something or when I find something particularly easy.

Favourite was, after "pens down" I wrote "This paper was much more difficult than the previous past papers!". One of the invigilators noticed and got in a massive strop shouting "STOP!". I was writing 5 seconds after the end. He came over, then circled my little note and put a daft "Do not mark this, it was done after the exam ended" or something and signed it. I nearly laughed in his face for being such a collosoal dick - I hope the marker enjoyed it though. Most invigilators don't mind you finishing your sentence, I've had them actually skip collecting my paper and come back to me because I had a few more things to write before!

My favourite note was when I had a few min spare so I made up a question - in every past paper we had to draw a hurstprung-russel diagram and it was a super easy 5 marks we were all expecting. Our actual paper not having this nice easy question I answered it anyway and added a little note saying I'd appreciate 5 marks :P Tongue in cheek of course.
On quite a few of my papers I've written "Sorry about the handwriting" at the end.

I don't believe it effects my marks, I just think my standard of handwriting is something I should apologise for.
Reply 27
on my first semester exam , i put a ninja with '' <-- this is a ninja'' next to it and another ''this is a very good ninja--> '' pointing to empty space on my ' extra information paper ' , i told my friend i did that then i notice it sound a bit stupid and i swore i would never do that again on the exam paper. then i end up drawing a fat man with a frown face saying '' your question wasnt clear enough'' this semester.

But hey ho ! at least i wasnt writing something extremely negative on the paper like i did on my A level exam (i think i wrote '' whats the point of this ?'' . I manage to pass my exam but my sixth form care co-ordinator , head of sixth form , sixth form exam co-ordinator and my exam invigilator all have to write a report on it .... i learn it the hard way after being told off by 3 separate people 3 separate times...
I liked to write 'thank you' at the end of my paper but that was it! I liked to think it was appreciated because I can't imagine marking 100s of paper is too much fun :tongue:.
Reply 29
I remember apologising to the examiner after my GCSE English Literature exam last year, because I'd written in a huge rush.
My handwriting + scribbles = splurge on paper :tongue:
Reply 30
Original post by Secretnerd123
haha psych is my last exam too. what will you write?

possibly somthing along the lines of "Hi Examiner person, I am feeling good, as this is my last exam :smile: have an awesome day"
Reply 31
Original post by m-s-96
I half filled in a noughts and crosses game, leaving the other half for the examiner. I bought my paper back only to find out that I lost :frown:

hahaha
Reply 32
Original post by Whooh1
Religion last week my friend chose to eat his exam paper, he put his head on the desk and the invigilator kept asking i he was ok. All he did too the paper was draw a picture of a budda

he actually ATE his exam paper?
Reply 33
Never done it myself, but if I did I'd write it clearly and then neatly cross it out; that way they can't mark you down for it, but can still see it ;D
The title of the thread doesn't make sense
Original post by hafzaaa
possibly somthing along the lines of "Hi Examiner person, I am feeling good, as this is my last exam :smile: have an awesome day"

haha youre so cool
Why does everyone always assume that it is 'Mr' examiner.
Original post by ForgottenPen
Why does everyone always assume that it is 'Mr' examiner.

haha exactly but when i think of examiners i always think of men, specifically a middle aged man marking harshly :colondollar:
Reply 38
Original post by eliza.anne
I often include my phone number and some inappropriate pictures. Fail every time :sad:

But not rly. I'm usually writing till the last second of every exam so no time for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why hello there again eliza, I'm sure I could come up with an exam for you to take :wink:
Reply 39
Original post by chicarito786
hahah this brings back memories..
remember when i only had like 2 mins to do a 10 marker in history. Wrote a note inside saying 'please award full marks, answer seen on separate sheet' in my best possible handwriting. Ended up with full ums lool :smile: baffled ocr!!

Might have to do that for my Unit 3 Economics GCSE exam which is from OCR! >.< I'd only do it if I run out of time like you but I never run out of time due to my fast writing! >.<
Hehe :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest