The Student Room Group

Forgot to check box

Hi guys,

I did a really silly thing today, in my paper I did the first question and checked the box corresponding to the question I wanted to answer.
In my haste of completing the second question, I forgot to check the box.

Now I did write the question I was answering in my actual answer.

But I've heard that it is checked by a computer, for a check in the box, so my question is, will my answer (worth 25%) be read, or marked?
Should be fine. Nothing you can do about it now anyway. :sad:
Should be fine - but if I were you I'd get in touch with the exams officer ASAP just to check.
Reply 3
I have emailed my exams officer and am awaiting reply, but just a thought, if i do come out with an extremely low grade because of this, would a remark do the trick?
And is it true they check the boxes with a computer. I'm sure under pressure I'm not the only one who made the mistake.
You won't be the only one who's ever done it. I'm sure it'll get sorted out.
No. I doubt the tick box will the reason for a poor grade. I remember not ticking the box for mine when i did History A level and I still came out fine.
Reply 6
Original post by Stricof
No. I doubt the tick box will the reason for a poor grade. I remember not ticking the box for mine when i did History A level and I still came out fine.

Hopefully, thanks though, honestly made me feel better. :biggrin:
Might as well forget about it and think about other exams.
Reply 7
When I was in sixth form a fair few of my teachers were examiner types, and they said that with the check-box things "as long as the candidate makes it reasonably clear which check box they have selected, either on the page or within their answer, they will not be penalised for it." I wouldn't worry about it at all. I know it's not exactly the same thing, but in a chemistry A2 exam instead of checking a box I just wrote the answer next to the box (i.e. it said "41 [ ]" and I just wrote "41" next to it, no idea why I did...) and I still got the marks for the question.
I think it's just a little bit more annoying because the examiner has to work out which question you're answering but it should be marked etc.
Reply 9
Original post by hothedgehog
I think it's just a little bit more annoying because the examiner has to work out which question you're answering but it should be marked etc.

I hope it actually isn't annoying because I actually copied out the question I was answering on the top of my work.
Original post by DKB07
I hope it actually isn't annoying because I actually copied out the question I was answering on the top of my work.

Oh then it shouldn't be too much. It's the people who don't write the number by the question or tick the box and then the examiner has to guess which question is being answered who are the annoying ones!
Reply 11
I've been reading the examiners reports and I can assure you that they state every year in the report: Please remind candidates to number the questions blah blah blah sometimes it's difficult for the examiner marking it. Therefore you can't be the only one! I wouldn't worry about it atall, you wrote the question so I doubt they will have any trouble :smile:
Was it OK in the end?
Original post by DKB07
Hi guys,

I did a really silly thing today, in my paper I did the first question and checked the box corresponding to the question I wanted to answer.
In my haste of completing the second question, I forgot to check the box.

Now I did write the question I was answering in my actual answer.

But I've heard that it is checked by a computer, for a check in the box, so my question is, will my answer (worth 25%) be read, or marked?

Was it OK in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending