The Student Room Group

Student finance help

Hey guys whilst filling out your student finance theres a section where you include your parents details categorised into 'income' 'commitments' 'consent', is there a way to skip this or is it compulsory?

P.S. I AM APPLYING FOR UNIVERSITY STARTING FIRST YERE IN 2013/14
Reply 1
Original post by originalname1
Hey guys whilst filling out your student finance theres a section where you include your parents details categorised into 'income' 'commitments' 'consent', is there a way to skip this or is it compulsory?

I've not got a place in uni yet as im waiting for clearing, but that bit is compulsory as you have to declare how much they earn so you can get the right amount of grants..
Reply 2

You can skip it

There is a box that you need to tick right at the start

You want to apply without taking household income into account
Reply 3
Original post by 20z12
that bit is compulsory

No it isn't
Reply 4

As TenOfThem said, there should have been a box to tick about whether you wanted your household income to be taken into account. If you do, then you have to include this information.
You can skip it and not have your household income taken into account but you might get less money than you should be entitled to by doing it that way depending on how much your parents earn.
Reply 6
I have filled the form but I need to download some documents, fill them and then post them. However, when I click on the download link, it says that there is an error? how to resolve this? please help, thanks
Reply 7
Original post by TenOfThem
You can skip it

There is a box that you need to tick right at the start

You want to apply without taking household income into account

Is there anyway to untick this box now as i can not find it :s-smilie:
Reply 8
I think I may have clicked the box that says don't take household income into account. How do I go back and change it?
Reply 9
Is there anyway to untick this box now as i can not find it :s-smilie:

No idea

It was the first page for my daughter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending