The Student Room Group

Not one straight answer!

Hey guys (good for exams btw!)

Basically, I have applied for Student fiance, put both parents income to be assessed. I received my declaration and it just says maintenance and tuition fee loan.

My question is, as I am eligible for the maintenance grant, and my parents income has been assessed, when do I receive my grant? after I sign and send the declaration of? Or am I unfortunately not eligible for it?

No one seems to be helping me with this query-I phoned Student Finance up but i just hung up after!

Thanks guys and like I said, good luck for exams and hope you all get your firm uni choice!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by HEY_101
Hey guys (good for exams btw!)

Basically, I have applied for Student fiance, put both parents income to be assessed. I received my declaration and it just says maintenance and tuition fee loan.

My question is, as I am eligible for the maintenance grant, and my parents income has been assessed, when do I receive my grant? after I sign and send the declaration of? Or am I unfortunately not eligible for it?

No one seems to be helping me with this query-I phoned Student Finance up but i just hung up after!

Thanks guys and like I said, good luck for exams and hope you all get your firm uni choice!

If you provided your parents details at the same time as your application you would have been income assessed before the first entitlement letter was sent. But if your parents provided them at a later stage your application might go through non income assessed and be reassessed afterwards.

What level of loan is showing on the entitlement? Mid-range incomes get a higher loan but no grant.

You should still sign and return your declaration, even if you think you might need to be reassessed, because you only get a signature form with the first entitlement letter now.
Reply 2
Original post by applicationa
If you provided your parents details at the same time as your application you would have been income assessed before the first entitlement letter was sent. But if your parents provided them at a later stage your application might go through non income assessed and be reassessed afterwards.

What level of loan is showing on the entitlement? Mid-range incomes get a higher loan but no grant.

You should still sign and return your declaration, even if you think you might need to be reassessed, because you only get a signature form with the first entitlement letter now.

They sent of the income forms after I had submitted mine.
But on the breakdown, it says that my maintenance loan has taken into consideration my parents income, and its 4375, but that is the max amount anyone gets if they live at home?
So should i just send my declaration form and hopefully it gets reassessed?
Original post by HEY_101
They sent of the income forms after I had submitted mine.
But on the breakdown, it says that my maintenance loan has taken into consideration my parents income, and its 4375, but that is the max amount anyone gets if they live at home?
So should i just send my declaration form and hopefully it gets reassessed?

Send in your declaration certainly, but maybe have your parents call to check if they haven't accidentally overstated their income. Do you know their approximate 11/12 tax year income level?
Reply 4
No I don't actually, I'll ask and let you know what happens, I'l also try and call them tomorrow and send my declaration of on Monday.

Another thing was, if i happen to get reassessed, will I receive another letter stating the exact amounts of everything I will receive?

Thank you very much! you have been very helpful! Is it okay if i pm you tomorrow and ask you more questions if i need more help?
Original post by HEY_101
No I don't actually, I'll ask and let you know what happens, I'l also try and call them tomorrow and send my declaration of on Monday.

Another thing was, if i happen to get reassessed, will I receive another letter stating the exact amounts of everything I will receive?

Thank you very much! you have been very helpful! Is it okay if i pm you tomorrow and ask you more questions if i need more help?

A Notification of Entitlement is sent with every reassessment, and yes you can PM me certainly.
Reply 6
my friends were saying that they got a letter from student finance which they signed and sent back, but i haven't got one! i applied around a month ago...help!
Original post by kirstylinee
my friends were saying that they got a letter from student finance which they signed and sent back, but i haven't got one! i applied around a month ago...help!

This is the declaration letter, and so long as it's returned more than two weeks before you start your course your funding should still be in place on time.

It's normal for your application to take more than a month to assess if you are applying based on household income. Check the status of your application in your online account, if your application is showing as Approved, check your View Correspondence section to see if a notification of entitlement has been sent out. If it's showing as Approved and no letter has been sent, give them a call.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending