The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Funding

Hi!

I'm excited as today I got my registration documents through and I've got full funding for both courses!

I also have £75 left which I can use for any course starting before the the 1st Sept 2007 so I will use this to pay for some of a residential school! (which costs £270- so a target of £200 to save in the next 10 months)

One question though- as I have got the full funding; there was mention of £250 for course fees/books/travel on the website (the funding section) any one know anything more about this? Do I get it? Does it go in at the start of the course or before?

Thanks!
Reply 1
I dno't get what ou funding is about, do you have to pay back after or what?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
notebook

One question though- as I have got the full funding; there was mention of £250 for course fees/books/travel on the website (the funding section) any one know anything more about this? Do I get it? Does it go in at the start of the course or before?

The £250 will turn up in your bank account shortly before your first course starts.
Reply 3
notebook - what courses are you studying?
Reply 4
DD100 An Introduction to the Social Sciences and
DD201 Sociology and Society

Why? Are you doing any?
Reply 5
I've just finished S103:biggrin:iscovering Science.
Now studying SMK184: Chance, Risk and Health and S151: Maths for Science.
There are many level 2 courses I want to study, but none of them start until Jan/Feb 2007 - this is a real pain!
Thinking about purchasing some of the course textbooks now, so I can can get a head start on some of these courses.

How have you found the OU?

Latest