The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi!

I am accepted into LSOP on unconditional.

I am a mature student. The last time I did Chemistry A level was 3 years ago.

Please help me. What topics of Chemistry A level should I go over, during the Summer holidays? I am not prepared to go in depth, but I think I need to refresh my mind on some parts of it. What part of it is essential for the first year Pharmacy?

Many many thanks!
Reply 21
sure, will do that... my ebay i.d is "fragranceaddict", i shall list them all on thursday evening, check out my store on friday by simply going to:
www.simplyfragrances.co.uk
or
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/SimplyFragrances

i'll list all of the books that i no longer require for the MPharm programme. They are as new, probably touched them once, no lie lol.

cheerz.
Reply 22
londonguy
Hi!

I am accepted into LSOP on unconditional.

I am a mature student. The last time I did Chemistry A level was 3 years ago.

Please help me. What topics of Chemistry A level should I go over, during the Summer holidays? I am not prepared to go in depth, but I think I need to refresh my mind on some parts of it. What part of it is essential for the first year Pharmacy?

Many many thanks!

i go to lsop and i remember having to go over all of the organic chemistry stuff from A-level again- aromatic compounds, sp2, sp3 orbitals, alkanes, alkenes, akynes, redox reactions, nucleophilic & electrophilic reactions... thats it as far as i can remember... Dr. Malkinson who teaches this is a really good lecturer n gives you all relevant material to learn from and is very helpful if ya need further explanation.

i hope this helps... congratz on your unconditional offer, if i was you i would go on holiday til uni starts in october

all the best mate

faz
Reply 23
XFAZTERX
i go to lsop and i remember having to go over all of the organic chemistry stuff from A-level again- aromatic compounds, sp2, sp3 orbitals, alkanes, alkenes, akynes, redox reactions, nucleophilic & electrophilic reactions... thats it as far as i can remember... Dr. Malkinson who teaches this is a really good lecturer n gives you all relevant material to learn from and is very helpful if ya need further explanation.

i hope this helps... congratz on your unconditional offer, if i was you i would go on holiday til uni starts in october

all the best mate

faz

What? Only need to go over organic chemistry. And the bonus is that they do it again anyway in LSOP....thats so amazing! I hear in most places they expect you to know your A level stuff really well alreadly! Hooray!:smile: Holiday! :cool: I am sure they go over the A level stuff very quickly so if I read up A2 organic I'm sure thats enough to ensure no serious problems or stress!

Thanks alot for your reassurance!
yes ....they go through everything again....and ur provided with plenty of good notes.
just be wary of statistics....i hadnt done A level maths and so found it quite difficult...in fact...i didnt even bother revising it for the exam and was lucky it only came up as an optional question
The chem at manchesyter wasn't particularly hard, just soooooooooo boring. If i ever get asked throughtout my whoole career as a pharmacist whether a carbon atom in a drug is sp2 or sp3 hybridized and what the bond angle is, i'll buy a hat and eat it.
Reply 26
Jimmocrates
The chem at manchesyter wasn't particularly hard, just soooooooooo boring. If i ever get asked throughtout my whoole career as a pharmacist whether a carbon atom in a drug is sp2 or sp3 hybridized and what the bond angle is, i'll buy a hat and eat it.

LOL!
Reply 27
I am from King's...
there are 2 books greatly recommended by our lecturers...
one is Aulton's Pharmaceutics & another is Clayden's Organic Chem...
I bought the Aulton's but not Clayden's...
There are too much choices on Organic Chem...
Any best recommend?
Reply 28
the one that I was recommend in 1st year was Organic Chemistry by Hart and Crane

Latest

Trending

Trending