The Student Room Group

Is 48 kg fat?

Do you think that 49-kg is fat if your 162cm tall ? because I've just been told that I needed to lose 5-kg due to 'being overwight'. What do you consider the perfect weight?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

If you're 1.62cm, then 49kg is morbidly obese.

In fact, knowing the density of fat, it might not even be possible.
Original post by Hippysnake

This guy knows whats up.
Reply 3
Original post by AnnaMorina
Do you think that 49-kg is fat if your 1.62cm tall ? because I've just been told that I needed to lose 5-kg due to 'being overwight'. What do you consider the perfect weight?

You're joking, right? Your current weight puts you on the borderline of underweight-normal in terms of BMI... if you lose 5 kg then you'll be well into the underweight category. Whoever told you this is an idiot.

Spoiler

Reply 4

Ohhh, I get it now, cm. Haha :rolleyes:

186709.3 >> 30
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
oh shutup this question cannot be serious, 162cm is 5ft4
Reply 6
not at all :O I'm 5ft3ish and I'm 48kg normally (excuse exam period I tend to gain 2-3 :tongue:) and I think that puts me in the normal range ( I hope)
If you meant 162cm then you are most definitely not obese, probably underweight as someone already mentioned. Please eat. :colondollar:
Reply 8

sorry, I meant 162 :tongue:
Original post by yaboy
oh shutup this question cannot be serious, 162cm is 5ft4

Ahh, but 1.62cm is just over 0ft0.5
Reply 10
Original post by justinawe
You're joking, right? Your current weight puts you on the borderline of underweight-normal in terms of BMI... if you lose 5 kg then you'll be well into the underweight category. Whoever told you this is an idiot.

Spoiler

I meant 168 srry :colondollar:
Reply 11
Original post by Nathan0012
Ohhh, I get it now, cm. Haha :rolleyes:

srrry I meant 168cm lol
Oh honey, not at all! You're not overweight, or fat or anything. If someone has told you that you are, or you should consider dieting or ANYTHING slanting your body image, then just completely ignore them.

Be whatever weight you want to be, as long as you're healthy! I dont think you should lose any weight at all as you'll be under the BMI of underweight & that could be very dangerous.
Stay as you are :-)
I meant 168 srry :colondollar:

You're currently underweight according to BMI, then.
Reply 14
Original post by justinawe

Spoiler

I meant 162cm lol
Reply 15
Original post by fifitrixiebell
Oh honey, not at all! You're not overweight, or fat or anything. If someone has told you that you are, or you should consider dieting or ANYTHING slanting your body image, then just completely ignore them.

Be whatever weight you want to be, as long as you're healthy! I dont think you should lose any weight at all as you'll be under the BMI of underweight & that could be very dangerous.
Stay as you are :-)

Just saying it how it is, honey! I'd love to be your weight and height, ahah!
Reply 17
No i am pretty much the same as you except a bit shorter ..i wouldnt worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a few inches shorter than you and a few kilos lighter and I'm a healthy weight, but much closer to underweight than overweight. Whoever told you to lose weight is a fool, you're perfectly fine :h:
Reply 19
I'm kind of similar. I'm 158cm and 46kg (although it's exam period so I'm usually 44-45) and I think I'm fine. I'm 16 so my weight is fine, although if I was over 18 I would be classed as underweight. So I definitely don't think your overweight. And if your over 18 you're just about on the border of healthy weight and underweight.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest