The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter University (2014 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Billie4810
Anyone considering going to Exeter to study Psychology or Social sciences?

Psychology for me. I was tempted by the new Human Sciences course in Cornwall.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 61
My son just graduated fromExeter. In history andSpanish,he got in four years ago with AABB but is probably harder now. Described it as the best four years of his life with enough night life and a whole variety of friends from all kinds of backgrounds.amazing sports in a beautiful setting and you can walk everywhere.
Now my daughter has started there reading biology with a year abroad, options in eg Australia USA etc.... she is very very different to him (he, UK public school) she, French state school (we live in France) ..... So far so good and she too is making all kinds of friends and taken up windsurfing! the catered halls (Birks) are fantastic BUT the supper time is really dumb 5.15 to 7 so three nights a week she misses it because of activities and whilst you can order a packed supper in advance it's complicated, so maybe self catered is better. But her room is great with double bed, ensuite, fridge and glorious views over Exe valley.
All of you on this thread, go for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Anyone interested in a stalking page for Exeter applicants?
I'm applying for Politics & International Relations with a 1year MA. :biggrin:
Applying for Evolutionary Biology :smile: (not convinced I'll get an offer but giving it a go anyway)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/University_of_Exeter_Stalking_Page_2014

Lots of people will be able to update this page if you don't feel comfortable with wiki editing. I wasn't sure whether to add a 'campus' column? If enough people are applying to the Cornwall campus then I (or someone else!) can change it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Paramore<3
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/University_of_Exeter_Stalking_Page_2014

Lo and behold! :smile: I added mine for starters. Let's get stalking. :woo:
Lots of people will be able to update this page if you don't feel comfortable with wiki editing.

Got to love a bit of stalking:wink:

I've applied for History at the Exeter Campus:

aaaa at AS
Predicted A*A*A*A at A2

Absolutley miles away from my hometown of Sheffield and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one at my school applying - but the rest of them are daft it's a beautiful city, an great university and the campus seems lovely and friendly :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by ellenparkerr
Got to love a bit of stalking:wink:

I've applied for History at the Exeter Campus:

aaaa at AS
Predicted A*A*A*A at A2

Absolutley miles away from my hometown of Sheffield and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one at my school applying - but the rest of them are daft it's a beautiful city, an great university and the campus seems lovely and friendly :smile:

:teehee:
Space for your AS and A2 subjects, and any 'extras' if you want them put in as well. :tongue: (And GCSEs, as it goes!)

Ooh, I went to look at the Uni of Sheffield and I fell in love with the city. All those trees, haha! :smile: Decided not to apply though. :frown:
Exeter did seem really, really nice. Grade requirements are quite high, but hey-ho! Where else are you applying? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 67
I really want to go to Exeter to study drama, and the entry requirements are AAA-ABB but last year I got pretty shocking AS results. I'm predicted BBB but I'm certain I can get ABB at least. Would I stand a chance?
Original post by Paramore<3
:teehee:
Space for your AS and A2 subjects, and any 'extras' if you want them put in as well. :tongue: (And GCSEs, as it goes!)

Ooh, I went to look at the Uni of Sheffield and I fell in love with the city. All those trees, haha! :smile: Decided not to apply though. :frown:
Exeter did seem really, really nice. Grade requirements are quite high, but hey-ho! Where else are you applying? :smile:

Wahey, glad you liked it :biggrin:
I got 11A* at GCSE, and my AS levels are History (A), Chemistry (A), Biology (A) and Maths (A) I'm carrying them all onto A2 and I'm predicted A*s in the first three and an A in Maths.

Extras.... I doing an EPQ on religion in East Germany and I went to Auschwitz with the Holocaust Educational Trust. I've done a follow up project for that making an exhibition at school.

:smile::smile::smile::smile:
Reply 69
I got 11A* at GCSE, and my AS levels are History (A), Chemistry (A), Biology (A) and Maths (A) I'm carrying them all onto A2 and I'm predicted A*s in the first three and an A in Maths.

Extras.... I doing an EPQ on religion in East Germany and I went to Auschwitz with the Holocaust Educational Trust. I've done a follow up project for that making an exhibition at school.

Thanks, sorted! :biggrin:
Reply 70

I also went to Auschwitz with HET and am applying, how weird!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure the point of me asking this but...

I'm applying for physics (AAA-ABB) but I only got BCC at A2. I'm retaking and predicted ABB, does anyone think they'll consider me haha?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physics2013
Not sure the point of me asking this but...

I'm applying for physics (AAA-ABB) but I only got BCC at A2. I'm retaking and predicted ABB, does anyone think they'll consider me haha?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're predicted ABB and they give offers out of ABB then I'm sure they will consider you :smile: best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer for English. AAB. See you soon x
Original post by Little Boots

How long ago did you apply? :smile:
Original post by Lucilou101
How long ago did you apply? :smile:

The 4th. Only took 5 days!
Reply 76
I've just applied for Bsc geog with predicted grades AAB.
Having a nervy b over it tho seeing as the website says AAA-AAB.
hopefully my ps is good enough :confused:
Reply 77
Original post by Little Boots

Congrats!
Original post by Psychd
Congrats!

Thanks!
Reply 79
Original post by gabbyearl
I've just applied for Bsc geog with predicted grades AAB.
Having a nervy b over it tho seeing as the website says AAA-AAB.
hopefully my ps is good enough :confused:

I'm applying for BSc Geography too! :biggrin:
What A-levels are you doing? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending