Reply 20
Original post by Dylann
From hardest to easiest:

Physics
Chemistry
Further Maths
Biology
Maths

If you want to go to a standard non-oxbridge university (including Russell Group) then just do the 4 (which will be 3 a-levels with 1 a.s)

Actually, doing just 4 should be fine for Oxbridge unless you apply for a very popular subject (ie maths, law etc)

Oh ok, if I do 5 do I drop 1 or 2 or do them to full a level ?
Reply 21
Original post by ryanb97
This is my 2cents mate

Unis do look at the fact that you have done 5, which puts you at an advantage when applying,in terms of competiotn to get an offer. But once you get an offer, you can just simply stop revising for the extra subjects, and fail, but aslonga s you meet your offer you can still go.

so doing more subjects will aid in getting the offer in the 1st place.... but people are right in saying that it doesnt ake a difference AFTER ... you get the offer

thats why im going for M,FM,AFM,Bio,Chem,Physics

oh and maths is really easy... the rest have quantity (i believe)

hope that helps

source: extensive research and talking to some head of 6th forms..form some of the best grammar schools in the country :biggrin::biggrin:

Maths is easy? Right, sure? It most certainly is not.
Reply 22
Original post by Jophesxi
Maths is easy? Right, sure? It most certainly is not.

Ok ... it is ... i self taugght GCSE maths...started in yeaar 8 ... i have the A*
.....so i self taught AS maths...started it finished it ..got the A
next year..will be self teahcing around 8 modules....

it is fairly easy ..to me...but i find subjects like history and all languages very hard!!

its people preference and motivation tbh...

maybe maths isnt for you? ...but i know what i like

Ryan
Reply 23
Original post by ryanb97
Ok ... it is ... i self taugght GCSE maths...started in yeaar 8 ... i have the A*
.....so i self taught AS maths...started it finished it ..got the A
next year..will be self teahcing around 8 modules....

it is fairly easy ..to me...but i find subjects like history and all languages very hard!!

its people preference and motivation tbh...

maybe maths isnt for you? ...but i know what i like

Ryan

It isn't easy - That's a generalisation: You're applying it to everybody who takes maths. Maths is easy to YOU, therefore YOU find it easy - it's not the same for everyone. I find it extremely challenging.

Good luck to you.
Reply 24
Original post by pathosL
Oh ok, if I do 5 do I drop 1 or 2 or do them to full a level ?

After your first year at AS, you decide whether you think you will be able to take 4 to full A-level. It's highly unlikely that you'll take all 5 AS's to A-level (you'll have to give up a lot of your social life unless you're very quick to learn [Very quick]).

Generally, taking 3 a-levels would be most appropriate as you'd also have 2 AS's. But if you think you can manage 4, it may be fine for you. Also it depends on what university you're applying to.

Quick Reply

Latest