The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
This must be a trick question, testing your knowledge and someone responds.
I'd do it, I am getting paid and it's bases on a lie but whether or not we stay I contact hey hoo
Plus in Uni we best pals coz your getting the drinks haha
I'm not a doll to be bought for.
Reply 102
Mate, get help.
Original post by Anonymous
The person in question is looking for a solid trustful friendship with a girl for say a year and this would include:

- Doing things together (cinema, dining out, long drives, weekends away) as friends do
- being able to tell you secrets and you being able to keep secrets
- you being able to share your secrets within reason
- no compromise of social freedom (no emotional attachments) and no expectations of friendship developing into a relationship
- has to be willing to spend time with said person every day
- you should be able to balance university term time with spare time well so that you can spend time with said person
- should not have a boyfriend

Terms would be outlined in a legally binding agreement made by a solicitor to outline how the person will be paid for maintaining said friendship.

I don't spend every day with the friends that I choose to be friends with, let alone anyone else.

Is this £3,150 over all? Or a monthly wage? Annually?

No matter which of the above it is, my answer would be no.

No amount of money is worth having my life contracted to spending time with someone who I may or may not like, every single day.
That even if I wanted to I could not progress the friendship further to a relationship and that I could not have any other partner even if I wanted one.

Life can't be bound by a contract, you never know what might happen.

Also, true friendship can never be bought.
No, if this said person can't make friends to such an extent that they'd PAY someone to act as one, that's kind of worrying and there's probably some issues.
creepay.
Reply 106
I would be your friend for free but I wouldn't see you everyday or give up my boyfriend for you.
Reply 107
Plus, why don't you just go about making friends in the normal way? Is there something seriously wrong with you that you are not telling us?
Reply 108
I would do it
Reply 109
Lol, of course, what you waiting for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 110
Paying someone to be your friend?

Forever alone.

Seriously though if you are depressed/lonely/whatever, that needs to be dealt with, not paying someone to go to the movies with you.
Reply 111
Original post by Anonymous
I have thought it through hence why I have posted this thread and it's to be taken seriously as I've given it 6 months of thought.

I understand that my OP is quite demanding for what would essentially be a friendship, that's why I have revised it and come to the conclusion that more lenient terms of the friendship should be set out.

I've decided that I will pay the person £2,380 for the year (the length of the agreement) which works out to just around £200 a month which is how it will be paid. And the terms will be:

- Doing things together (cinema, dining out, long drives, weekends away) as friends do
- being able to tell you secrets and you being able to keep secrets
- you being able to share your secrets within reason
- willing to add on facebook as friend
- you should be able to balance university term time with spare time well so that we can spend atleast 4 hours a week in meeting up and doing things together.
- distance won't pose a problem as willing to travel for meet up

Terms would be outlined in a legally binding agreement made by a solicitor to outline how the person will be paid for maintaining said friendship only if the person is comfortable and needs the assurance that they will be paid.

The source of money is not a maintenance loan as that would imply I'm a uni student which I am not. The advantage is, money isn't the problem here, trust might be.

If you express your interest here henceforth I will get back to you by PM.

Do you find it hard to make friends? Is this why?
Look, I used to find it super hard. I have social anxiety, but I'd love to help you through this rather than pay someone.
Where are you located?
Message me if you want to chat... for free.
Original post by pathosL
As super facial as this sounds it depends on what she looks like

I think you mean "superficial". Super facial sounds like something Kim Kardashian would have everyday.
I feel really sorry for you, OP. You shouldn't have to pay for friends, and I hope you find people who want to spend time with you because they want to, not because you're paying them.
Reply 114
Wait is this real????

Latest

Trending

Trending