The Student Room Group

Toxic relationship with friend

My friend told me in one of my lessons that she thinks I am boring and that she would prefer if someone fun was with her. It really upset me but she didn't apologize. Also sometimes when we are talking as a group she turns her back to me and talks to the others. I feel alone a lot and sad because they are my friends too. Before she used to go off and talk to people she thought were cool or interesting if we were just having a normal class for example. I am RLLY annoyed at this point.
Original post by Anonymous
My friend told me in one of my lessons that she thinks I am boring and that she would prefer if someone fun was with her. It really upset me but she didn't apologize. Also sometimes when we are talking as a group she turns her back to me and talks to the others. I feel alone a lot and sad because they are my friends too. Before she used to go off and talk to people she thought were cool or interesting if we were just having a normal class for example. I am RLLY annoyed at this point.

Sorry to hear that. You're good the way you're. You don't need to change yourself for someone else who's particularly your friend only, not something special. Maybe she's not worthy of being a friend of yours. Because genuine friends will never do something like that. So, ignoring her would be good idea to move on.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2

Hey man that’s tough!

I recommend finding some friends who appreciate you for who you are. I don’t think they’re worthy of being your friend!

Regards and stay safe 😊😊
F

I’m sorry to hear that you feel this way. But can you make your feelings about your friend’s hurtful behaviour known to her? Tell her that her words hurt you, but if her response is anything but remorseful, ditch her! You’re too good for her and life’s too short to be someone else’s minion!
Reply 4
Thank you everyone for the sweet words! <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending