The Student Room Group

what does this mean

i asked this girl who i used to be friends with years ago if she wanted to hang out, i hadnt spoken to her in over a year, she says no thanks the next day but then about 9 days later she liked the message (this is on Instagram) then a few days later (yesterday) she liked my last mesaage to her from years ago, what does this mean
Dude you're reading too much into this. I am a girl and even though I decline someone's request to hang out, I will still like their message, it doesn't mean anything.

Just out of interest, why would you suddenly want to ask a girl to hang out after not speaking for over a year?

I mean if its me and one of my guy friends who I haven't talked to in over a year suddenly ask me to hang out, I will find it a bit strange and refuse as well cause I don't what he's been up to in that time and why he hasn't messaged me in all this time if we are good friends unless something is up.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
Dude you're reading too much into this. I am a girl and even though I decline someone's request to hang out, I will still like their message, it doesn't mean anything.

Just out of interest, why would you suddenly want to ask a girl to hang out after not speaking for over a year?

I mean if its me and one of my guy friends who I haven't talked to in over a year suddenly ask me to hang out, I will find it a bit strange and refuse as well cause I don't what he's been up to in that time and why he hasn't messaged me in all this time if we are good friends unless something is up.

she liked the message after a few days though, why would she do that if she previously said no and didnt want to hang out? and why would she then randomly like another message from years ago, which was nothing significant
Original post by bbcenjoyer
she liked the message after a few days though, why would she do that if she previously said no and didnt want to hang out? and why would she then randomly like another message from years ago, which was nothing significant

Its just to be nice, that's all. Honestly, I do the same, even though its been days or weeks, I would still like the message.
But maybe the question should be why do you care so much about something so simple as her liking her message when she already declined to hang out. Do you have some feelings for her? Otherwise you wouldn't be reading so much into it.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #1
Its just to be nice, that's all. Honestly, I do the same, even though its been days or weeks, I would still like the message.
But maybe the question should be why do you care so much about something so simple as her liking her message when she already declined to hang out. Do you have some feelings for her? Otherwise you wouldn't be reading so much into it.

yes i do have feelings for her, im still confused as to why she has randomly likedy messages, should i ask her why?
yes i do have feelings for her, im still confused as to why she has randomly likedy messages, should i ask her why?

I wouldn't say its a good idea considering she rejected to hang out with you, and it just plainly gives yourself away as being interested in her if you ask why for something so simple. It's like someone who likes someone so they need to think about every little thing that happens when its nothing.
Can I ask though, why did you suddenly start talking to her again after 1 year?
Reply 6
i asked this girl who i used to be friends with years ago if she wanted to hang out, i hadnt spoken to her in over a year, she says no thanks the next day but then about 9 days later she liked the message (this is on Instagram) then a few days later (yesterday) she liked my last mesaage to her from years ago, what does this mean

You're only 17. If you were friends 'years ago', how old were you both, 12? Leave it; people change and mature.
Reply 7
Original post by Surnia
You're only 17. If you were friends 'years ago', how old were you both, 12? Leave it; people change and mature.

we were friends from 13 -15 basically
we were friends from 13 -15 basically

I still question the reason why you came back after 1 year. I mean you said you were friends before so why disappear for one year. I mean its already been so long so of course people would have changed and already moved on. I don't know why you would think that you can just come back so randomly and ask if she wants to hang out when you've not been in contact for over a year, maybe she has new friends now, maybe she's seeing someone now, did you consider any of these?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending