The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by 78Saab
Hello there,

I'm hoping I got around 130 marks,but the only thing which worried me is the fact that for an A in November it was 120 marks which I missed off by three marks and then in March the boundary for an A jumped 16 marks to 136 for an A.

Also there was a bit of a conundrum in the exam, I received a faulty paper, which edexcel said they would compensate me for. Do you know how many marks I will receive for this?

Thank you for your help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I rather the papers were easy but the grade boundaries more high
Original post by SportsFan
Really unlikely, I think you got a C, sorry :frown:

**** :angry:
Every maths test I've ever done I've got a C! This was my last shot at getting a B. Guess it wasn't to be. Cheers man.
Original post by zilk
I think I got around 130-140, and that's marking myself pretty harshly. fingers crossed I'll be getting an A!

that should secure you a solid A. depends on the grade boundaries
Reply 783
Original post by The A* guy!
i did the November past paper and i thought that this one was easier than November. Just my opinion, who else agrees?

but don u think 1/2 of paper 1 was hard, and 3 or 4 questions on paper 2, so they would lower the grade boundaries
I got between 172-178 marks (depending on whether or not I get any method marks for questions which I got wrong) is this likely to be enough for an A*?
Reply 785
everyone coming out of the exam hall, at my school came out saying 'omg that was soo hard', and for paper 2 no1 said it was easy peasy everyone just said it was 'alright, just a few hard questions', so if majority of people found the papas difficult, I don't think even 160 would be an A*, hopefully lower!
Reply 786
Original post by victoria98
I got between 172-178 marks (depending on whether or not I get any method marks for questions which I got wrong) is this likely to be enough for an A*?

probs
I'm surprised some are saying 70 marks or so is a C. The highest I have seen for C is 63 (March 2013) and the November 2012 was 46 and the June 2012 was only 52 marks...

70 seems way too high.
Reply 788
want an A* SOOO BAD1 I predict I got 150/200 thinks it gna be an A :frown:
Reply 789
Original post by Oliver Rani
I'm surprised some are saying 70 marks or so is a C. The highest I have seen for C is 63 (March 2013) and the November 2012 was 46 and the June 2012 was only 52 marks...

70 seems way too high.
C OR A B IS no biggie, depending on how hard u've worked. What do u think would be an and A*
Reply 790
a grade C has never been higher than 63 i believe so 70 would be very high, i reckon C will be around 63
Original post by maryam77
C OR A B IS no biggie, depending on how hard u've worked. What do u think would be an and A*
I don't know. I was retaking this exam as I got a D (on foundation) so I would take a C.

My grades could sneak up to a B if I'm lucky but they could also go down to a D if that makes sense lol.

I'm afraid silly mistakes may cost me. I.e. in the stem and leaf diagram, I forgot to include the units (i.e. 2/4 = 2.4kg) in the key so I'm worried this may cost me full marks on an easy question.
Reply 792
150/200 was an A* once, any chance of it happening again? what do u think?
I don't know. I was retaking this exam as I got a D (on foundation) so I would take a C.

My grades could sneak up to a B if I'm lucky but they could also go down to a D if that makes sense lol.

I'm afraid silly mistakes may cost me. I.e. in the stem and leaf diagram, I forgot to include the units (i.e. 2/4 = 2.4kg) in the key so I'm worried this may cost me full marks on an easy question.

the key is worth 1 mark, so if it was out of 3 marks you will get 2 (if the stem and leaf was in correct order)
Not too sure to be honest. My guess would be no.

An A is still a success :wink:

I am sticking with 70/200 for a C, I mean 35% for a C is more than reasonable

not to be a pessimist but i don't think so, i hope it is but i don't see it happening. sorry:frown:
Original post by The A* guy!
the key is worth 1 mark, so if it was out of 3 marks you will get 2 (if the stem and leaf was in correct order)
I mentioned the key but I just forgot to add the units (kg) in. Will this cost me?
Original post by Squidgy
Could someone explain how to do the last question? (I've been given this paper as revision for my modular exam)

x^2 + y^2 = 9
x + y = 2

Not even a full explanation just the basic idea of what to do cause I have no idea how to do this :smile:

apparently, my teacher said that you needed to use the quadratic equation and. i cant remember the rest. something like the x values will be cancelled out so you can get the Y values. then you have to substitute them into the original equation.

Apparently, this is actually an A level question. so it was indeed a very mean one. But it was 6 marks for a reason.

i dont even remember learning this.
Reply 799
For the last question I rearranged te second equation and substituted it into the first, but my final answers were -1.25 & 3.25 and 1.25 & -3.25. When I substitute these into the equations they work- but they're wrong according to the mark scheme...would I get any working or method marks Mr M? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending