The Student Room Group

History Applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophtommo
When did Edinburgh and St Andrews get to you cause i'm STILL waiting from them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got my Edinburgh offer on the 7th of March, and my St Andrews one on the 11th. Dw, I'm sure you'll hear back soon. :smile:
Reply 781
ive firmed Wolverhampton and the medieval period is my favourite!
Reply 782
Are there many people still waiting to hear from Edinburgh?
Reply 783
If you had to choose, which one would you pick?
warwick for history and sociology or york/exeter for straight history?
York straight history, or Exeter :smile: I go to school in Exeter and it's so nice there.. Just too close to home :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else firming St. Andrews and putting Warwick as their insurance?
Original post by musicanddrama
hey :smile: I'm going to be applying next year to Cambridge, Durham, St. Andrews, Bristol and Exeter (I think)! I take the IB (joy) but it did mean I wasn't panicking over AS results and my UMS!

I'm a bit stuck on my PS though....it feels a bit fake....any tips (especially on how to start it?)

I had a Cambridge interview for History, but I didn't get a place unfortunately, I got offers from Kings, York, Lancaster and Hull, so hopefully I will be going to Kings College London if I get the grades! I wrote an article on what makes a Cambridge candidate stand out...have a look on here, www.poojacharlotte.wordpress.com
Good luck!
Reply 787
I need help. I'm trying to decide between uni of Sussex and Oxford Brookes.
Can anyone that does history at either of those unis help?
I got 3 Bs for my A levels - would I struggle with either?

I also want to factor in student life - Brighton is an incredible city and seems to fit my interests in terms of nights out not just being drinking and chart music. Any guidance?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 788
Original post by Jenkins1995
Anyone else firming St. Andrews and putting Warwick as their insurance?

I've insured Warwick (Cambridge is my firm)
Hi. I'm studying history with a foundation year. I have an unconditional with Manchester met uni. Does anyone else? As I haven't met anyone going to mmu.
I'm rather nervous about going uni :/
I was wondering if any of you Scottish folk could help me out. I'm in fifth year and I'm planning on taking advanced higher history next year. I was curious if this will affect whether I get a conditional or unconditional? An unconditional for Glasgow requires AAABB, however, if I was to get these results will they then give me a conditional based on my result for advanced history? Sorry, I'm not entirely clued up on it. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arcticcmonkeys
I was wondering if any of you Scottish folk could help me out. I'm in fifth year and I'm planning on taking advanced higher history next year. I was curious if this will affect whether I get a conditional or unconditional? An unconditional for Glasgow requires AAABB, however, if I was to get these results will they then give me a conditional based on my result for advanced history? Sorry, I'm not entirely clued up on it. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, if you acheive those results or aboce you are guaranteed an unconditional offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ladymarshmallow
No, if you acheive those results or aboce you are guaranteed an unconditional offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! I hope I achieve those results. I'm excited at the prospect of studying history next year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much! I hope I achieve those results. I'm excited at the prospect of studying history next year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck when you come round to applying later on this year. I applied to Glasgow as one of my choices. If you want to ask me anything about the application process or whatever else then feel free. :biggrin:
Good luck when you come round to applying later on this year. I applied to Glasgow as one of my choices. If you want to ask me anything about the application process or whatever else then feel free. :biggrin:

Thank you! What uni are you going to? Was it the MA course you applied for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! What uni are you going to? Was it the MA course you applied for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually applied for a joint honours degree in Russian and History at Ggow whereas all my other choices were History and German. Yup, it was the MA. I applied to Durham, UCL, Glasgow, Edinburgh, and St Andrews and chose Edinburgh in the end. :biggrin:
I actually applied for a joint honours degree in Russian and History at Ggow whereas all my other choices were History and German. Yup, it was the MA. I applied to Durham, UCL, Glasgow, Edinburgh, and St Andrews and chose Edinburgh in the end. :biggrin:

Wow! I think I want to take it with philosophy and economic & social history :smile: that's great! I'm definitely going to apply for Glasgow, Edinburgh and St Andrews as well :tongue: Well done though, I hope you enjoy it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gibson191
I need help. I'm trying to decide between uni of Sussex and Oxford Brookes.
Can anyone that does history at either of those unis help?
I got 3 Bs for my A levels - would I struggle with either?

I also want to factor in student life - Brighton is an incredible city and seems to fit my interests in terms of nights out not just being drinking and chart music. Any guidance?

Im hoping I get the grades for brookes!
I've received my results from my foundation year and I've done well so its off to University of Derby (again... but as an undergraduate student this time) in September! I'm so excited but nervous at the same time :smile: definitely going to join the History society during freshers week!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending